Essential Equipment for Investigators

No Lynne, no online presence except here. Still not retired so no time for producing shows. But four years from now, who knows?
We may get a website up one of these days. I'm not a FB fan so am resisting a FB presence.

We don't do it to generate income (it's a money pit, lol), the whole thing started as something for my wife to focus on after her concussion over three years ago. It's a lifelong interest of hers that we turned into a full-blown hobby. It's been a blessing for both her and myself.

It seems like a big investment, but a heckuva lot less than what people spend on camping gear, fishing, skiing, golf, hunting- or Beanie Babies lol. For what the average family spends in one day at an amusement park, they could buy enough equipment to keep them investigating for years.
I hear ya, everyone needs a hobby. I’m so happy you share your interest with us.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
I like this group. Most of us are in the same demographic, remember the same history, speak the same "language".

The new Trifield display is all digital. Even the top portion is segmented. It would definitely work but doesn't have the nuanced reaction of an analog needle. You're stuck with whatever increments the display is calibrated for.

That's why the older models still sell used for over $300. Analog meters are just about dinosaurs anymore.

We have other EMF meters with digital displays if ever needed.

My own personal kit listed below, built up over the last 15 years or so:

1. Digital Voice Recorder (x2)
2. Rempod c/w temperature display
3. Digital EMF/Temperature multimeter (screen changes colour with temperature, so easy to monitor both at the same time)
4. IR Motion alarm (x4)
5. IR Lightboard (x2)
6. Laser Tripwire Alarm (x2)
7. Electroscope
8. Tesla Spirit Radio
9. Ultrasound Radar (Arduino project currently under test in a paranormal investigation role)
10. IR Illuminators (x 10)
11. DSLR Camera (for taking standard stills with flash)
12. Full Spectrum Camera
13. IR Night Vision Camcorder
14. EM Pump
15. Spirit Box
16. Ovilus
17. Magnetic compass
18. Thermal camera
19. Flashlight (x5!)
20. Laptop (for keeping investigation records and analyzing EVPs on-site with Cool Edit Pro)
21. 8x PoE IR Camera CCTV NVR system + tripods + monitor
22. Two-way radio (x4) + charging system

A ton of cables, batteries, notepads, pens/pencils, a first aid kit, and some other bits and bobs.

Last but not least, and most important - my thermos flask!

My wife hates me........... :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Debi
OK, fellas. Just where do you guys store all this stuff? Does it have it's own bedroom? Walk in closet? Small garage?

Reactions: Lynne
In the cases, it all fits in about the same volume as a large chest freezer. Packed up it doesn't take much room. MUCH less room than our camping gear.

Unpacked, for getting ready or the actual investigation, it's a huge pile, LOL!

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
You guys need to meet up and go together !