Technology Drone Swarm

All the money being spent on having the ability to destroy and kill, yet we have to walk across homeless and the hungry in our own backyard.
It definitely seems to speak to their priorities. It makes one ponder just how much one really does not matter.

That video makes it look like a toy. It's almost fake looking. Who can buy these things or is this some company our government contracts with? I am not up on my drone info, so any information would be interesting to me.
When a given make, model, and generation of drone enters the production phase they are sold directly to the government, either to a branch of the armed forces or to an agency. When that drone enters the maintenance phase (market saturation, and return on investment comes from continual maintenance contracts and sales of components (which can take a variable period of time - five to ten years in the contracts' specifics, in my experience)) sales are then permitted to expand to encompass other countries deemed allies through monitored sale and distribution channels. Drones are a hot offensive weapons platform these days, so non-USian companies have been engaged in their own R&D programmes since the early 2000's, with what are probably comparable capabilities and intended use cases.

Reactions: Debi
Yes and that is why government wants to turn war into a video game. Less stress and PTSD and people are more willing to do things this way.
Not entirely true. Diagnoses of PTSD among drone pilots, and concomitant reassignment or discharge from the service spiked a couple of years ago and have yet to return to previous levels. This phenomenon may, in point of fact, be the reason why research into controlling swarms of drones was initiated.

Reactions: 7Critter