Dogman Encounter

I wish this witness would have taken pics of the tracks. For some reason I wasn't buying this story. Maybe not enough facts. People usually report a lot of fear in response to seeing these creatures. I didn't really read that in the report. Her description was pretty good however it fits perfectly with what we know others have seen. I can't put my finger on why I don't believe her. What do you all think.

I think there are many reports made just for the "fun" of making a report and getting away with it. I have to tell you we do get people who come here and make up some fantastic tales. Those are the threads you see suddenly disappear, which recently happened twice. We usually have our suspicions right off the bat and keep an eye on any personal experience stories here that sound "off".

The last one we removed suddenly confessed to the hoax when questioned too deeply. I have the feeling if someone interviewed the person carefully who wrote the above they would probably be caught out as fakes, too.

I post these reports so that you guys can make your own decisions on them. I think some are honest reports from honest people. And then you have these that make you question the veracity of them.

I think there are many reports made just for the "fun" of making a report and getting away with it. I have to tell you we do get people who come here and make up some fantastic tales. Those are the threads you see suddenly disappear, which recently happened twice. We usually have our suspicions right off the bat and keep an eye on any personal experience stories here that sound "off".

The last one we removed suddenly confessed to the hoax when questioned too deeply. I have the feeling if someone interviewed the person carefully who wrote the above they would probably be caught out as fakes, too.

I post these reports so that you guys can make your own decisions on them. I think some are honest reports from honest people. And then you have these that make you question the veracity of them.
some peoples tales can be pretty entertaining though....lol....

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
I don't see enough "weirdness" in the report to make it worth faking. I think fake accounts are usually more fantastic. The witness basically reports seeing an unusual canine that may or may not be a cryptid.

The witness may be making more of the encounter than it deserves but then again maybe he/she did see something worth reporting.

Last edited:
I don't see enough "weirdness" in the report to make it worth faking. I think fake accounts are usually more fantastic. The witness basically reports seeing an unusual canine that may or may not be a cryptid.

The witness may be making more of the encounter than it deserves but then again maybe he/she did see something worth reporting.
Once again, this is why I post these so everyone can make up their own minds on them.

It is hard to tell if people made these things up and when they believe their own fake stories, probably even harder. I just feel if they are faking, it demeans genuine encounters.

I wish this witness would have taken pics of the tracks. For some reason I wasn't buying this story. Maybe not enough facts. People usually report a lot of fear in response to seeing these creatures. I didn't really read that in the report. Her description was pretty good however it fits perfectly with what we know others have seen. I can't put my finger on why I don't believe her. What do you all think.
You can sense these things. I have read many witness reports and find that many i can't even force myself to believe and then there are those that deep down you know something about them are factual.

Reactions: Lynne

I totally agree with why you post them. This person could be totally truthful, we don't really have a reason to not except these stories are very out of the norm. If we could see her face or have other witnesses, it might help. Usually, Lon will say if he followed up on it or did further research, but I didn't read that here.

Reactions: Debi