Do you wrap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Not rap! Wrap! Around here I've been surrounded with wrapping paper, tape and bows. I'm hoping for today to be the last battle with the tricky stuff. I see people who can beautifully wrap gifts and they look like a pro did them. Me? Not so much. My family is actually impressed if I give them a wrapped gift and not just hand it to them in the plastic bag I brought it home in! :D Over the years, I've gotten a bit better at this and this year I decided I'd master the skill...or at least that was my intention. As I shared with Roy last week I got up from a wrapping session with a bow stuck to my rear that I was sure I had on the box and a piece of tape dangling off my arm that was supposed to be attached to another box. I'm almost afraid to see what happens today when I tackle the BIG box I need to do. (If I disappear for a bit I'm probably battling my way out of the paper that I've wrapped myself in.)

So! Today is a two part question! Part one: Are you a good gift wrapper?

Part two: How do you UNWRAP your gifts? Are you one of those who
rips off the paper to get to the goodie? Or you one of THOSE who
has to delicately take off the tape and then fold the whole sheet?

Reactions: Seahunter
I do not will not wrap unless necessary! I can wrap quite well but hate hate hate it. And since a good portion of last 10 years I've worked midnight and work all holidays... I don't usually celebrate.. If I must I love reused bags, boxes and gift cards.... Better yet Amazon ! At I'm a lazy bah humbug...

Reactions: Debi
Yes on the first part. Some may say it's OCD, I happen to call it careful, calculated, and deliberate paper covering of an object. A zen-like experience of uniting gift and paper into one beautiful package! :p

Part two - annoyingly slow! :p Long story, but I never received many Christmas gifts over the years. So, when I do receive one, I guess I try to savor every last moment of opening it! I gently peel back the tape, carefully remove bows and/or ribbon, etc. and make it last as long as possible, trying not to look at the box until it's all the way unwrapped.

LOL! I love your description of part one! :D Do you hire yourself out for wrapping???? (She's says anxiously peeling off the last of the tape attached to her....)

LOL! I love your description of part one! :D Do you hire yourself out for wrapping???? (She's says anxiously peeling off the last of the tape attached to her....)
LOL, I would, but I'd be like Monk and only manage to get like two packages done per hour and not make very much! :p

Long story, but I never received many Christmas gifts over the years.

5p1mc3.gif

No, I just "borrowed" him. I did have a really nice gray and white just like this when I was a kid though. I was SOOOO creative, his name was Tom - as in Tom and Jerry. I also had a "Morris"...

images
THAT is adorable!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.