Discussing Reincarnation

this is it. things are just things, they dont make you happy, not real happiness, the quest for more and more, (keeping up with the jones's) is just living a life of servitude for an inanimate object... trust the universe and be set free. your needs will be met. (lol...not saying you dont have to work, but killing yourself for monetary purposes, fame or status only is not happiness....at least for me)
Thats Bad-ass Paul right there!

For those of you who consider reincarnation as a possibility, let me ask you this: What would be the benefits and/or drawbacks to have knowledge of a previous lifetime? Do you feel it would help you in this life or hold you back?

Have you ever had flashes or dreams of previous lifetimes or simply a strong pull towards a certain time period?

View attachment 48632
I have found that some halloween costumes and certain wardrobe preferences can reflect another time. As to its merits, I believe we evolve through experience and when we finally understand 'the other side' we are ready to move on to the other side. IMHO, reincarnation is a process for the evolution of our core energy.

I have found that some halloween costumes and certain wardrobe preferences can reflect another time. As to its merits, I believe we evolve through experience and when we finally understand 'the other side' we are ready to move on to the other side. IMHO, reincarnation is a process for the evolution of our core energy.
IMHO, I think you're close........definitely rolling in the right direction.....

I have, or know of, several of my past lives and how Ironic, each one of them has a direct......connection to this one.
Chance?........ Luck?.....Impossible..... to be so 100% dead on accurate.

I have, or know of, several of my past lives and how Ironic, each one of them has a direct......connection to this one.
Chance?........ Luck?.....Impossible..... to be so 100% dead on accurate.
you are the same person/soul/energy. you will make the same decisions over and over, until you dont...lol....

you are the same person/soul/energy. you will make the same decisions over and over, until you dont...lol....

I certainly agree with this, Paul, but I personally put much more emphasis on where I'm going in the future than where I've been in the past. Never much cared for history in school either! So I'd like to share this thread to toss out my idea about the doorway to that other side -- death.

Can we even count how many theories there are about what happens when we die?? I was raised in a Catholic family and thus was drawn into the pearly gates syndrome. Put that next to the seventy virgins or however many are promised. Put them both next to the 'return to dust' believers and it's obvious that we're all over the map with this. And typically at the head of all the believers is some unknown entity commonly known as God.

I'm big on the concept and purpose of God but I choose to refer to it as The All - without any religious connotation. If The All incorporates perfect balance, perfect symmetry, perfect justice, then how does human death fit into the cosmic wheel of reincarnation?

All that said, I vote for perfect justice -- a perfect balance between hope and guilt. Each of us get whatever we expect to get. There in those last moments of self consciousness we all have some deep life-long truth of what we believe will happen. Life passing before your eyes? Sudden shock that you're dead and now what? Lingering illness with plenty of time to second-guess the other side?

In that cross-over field between the here and there -- perhaps we first pass through whatever we have been expecting, fearing, hoping for.

What say y'all?

In that cross-over field between the here and there -- perhaps we first pass through whatever we have been expecting, fearing, hoping for.

What say y'all?
I have often wondered if someone fears the aftermath of death, can they convince themselves that they are having a negative experience? Or is there absolute, unconditional love awaiting us so that no matter our fears, we are swept up in love?

Reactions: Katydidit and Paulm
I have often wondered if someone fears the aftermath of death, can they convince themselves that they are having a negative experience? Or is there absolute, unconditional love awaiting us so that no matter our fears, we are swept up in love?
I would love to believe in absolute love, Garnet. Can't do it, tho. No balance. Even Jesus, the icon of ultimate love, lashed out and condemned the merchants in the temple (for example).

Reactions: garnetsilver
My 'poetic' definition of reincarnation - for about 50 years now:
The beginning is only the continuation of the middle that was thought to be the end.

• Hands Clapping
Reactions: garnetsilver