Debate: Who owns Photographic Copyrights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, stop posing nude if you don't want to take the chance of it going public! Sheesh. In this day and age, you would think people would "get" the fact nothing is sacred or private anymore. No matter how much you think you "love" somebody in the moment, allowing nude photo's is still a risk, especially for A listers.

If you are out in public and someone snaps a photo, they own it. I think it should be whoever owns the camera owns the pic IF the shot was in public or with consent privately. If someone takes a photo in a private setting without consent, then I believe it to be the equivilant of battery as a person has the right to privacy.

And that monkey stole that camera! lol Owner of camera owns photos!

I'm with Debi - in this day and age, assume that any nude photos or sex tapes will be made public, so just don't allow the photos or vids to be taken in the first place. Assuming, of course, consent is sought. And if you do allow them, don't store them online!

As to copyright, I would side with the photographer. You haven't actually done anything to create the picture if all you do is pose for it. Granted it might not be a very interesting photo with just an empty swing in it, but it would still be a photograph.

Newbie here. :) Hey all. Personally I think everyone, even celebs, should have a right to take whatever types of photos of themselves they feel like. Risk is inherent in any endeavor. Why should we restrict ourselves because there are opportunists waiting for a chance to exploit any and every individual they can? I Think Copy write Ownership is a HUGE mess. It's so subjective. I think a major determining factor should be content.

Well, hello there and welcome to the forum! :) Glad to have you with us. OK, are we to call you Dude? Abiding? What's your preference?

I agree that risk is inherent in taking the photos, as long as said individuals accept that risk and then aren't flipping out when someone hacks them. If you wish to take the risk, fine...just don't b!tch about it when they're suddenly made public.

That monkey makes every day, brighter.
I mean you can see the happiness in its eyes -- or so it seems.

It reminds me of the recent image of an unborn baby (ultrasound), giving a thumbs up.
You can't help but enjoy these types of pictures.
Does the baby own the picture of himself/herself? Do the parents?

View attachment 449
Hospital X-ray department owns it! THAT I know for a fact! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.