Open Lines Creepy Clown in cemetery

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/07...spasses-at-chicago-cemetery-in-dead-of-night/

Creepy clowns running around cemeteries and city streets scaring people.

There have been reports around the country – and now here in Chicago, too.

CBS 2’s Dave Savini talks with a Chicagoan who had a close encounter with a nocturnal clown earlier this month.

The cell phone video tells it all: a person dressed in a clown suit, trespassing at historic Rosehill Cemetery in the dead of night.

Julia Graham says she was “freaked out” at the figure as it ran toward the main gate. She and her husband were driving by around 10 p.m.

“When we get closer, we realize it’s a clown, which is super weird,” she says.

The first picture her husband snapped was of the clown scaling the 7-foot-tall gate at the Ravenswood Avenue entrance. That feat is no easy task, especially for someone wearing a clown suit.

“I mean, this was somebody putting forth a lot of effort — and being really weird,” Graham says.

The North Side cemetery was clearly closed and locked for the night. Officials don’t know what to make of it because other than the trespass there were no complaints of vandalism.

It got weirder. When Julia and her husband hung around to get a better look, the clown was not deterred or afraid. He waved slowly at the couple.

Incidents like this one aren’t isolated. A video of creepy clowns surprising people on the streets of California went viral last year.

In New York, a clown was seen making a daytime excursion last year while holding some balloons.

“Oh, that’s super weird,” says Graham, when shown the New York video. “That is like making light of a cemetery.”

Eventually, the clown caught in the headlights of Graham’s car turns around and, without saying a word, takes off into the darkness of the cemetery.

“I just think it’s creepy and wrong,” Graham says.

Chicago police say there have been no other bizarre clown sightings.

OK! Too creepy! Those of you that know me are aware of my phobias with three things....dolls, heights, and CLOWNS! ACK!

Reactions: surge
My grandma had a collection of tiny porcelain faced clown dolls. She had them in her and my grandpa's room but then remodeled and moved them into my room at their house. Because it was always hard for me to sleep at night, due to my paranormal sensitivities, she would always rub my back until I fell asleep- generally then I'd wake up later, in the wee hours of morning & climb into their bed...When the clowns were moved to my room, I didn't want to make a fuss, but the first time I saw them I hated them. I felt like they were watching me. I woke in the early morning and I could see one of the clowns had moved on its own. I thought I was tired so I sat up more and watched close and I saw it move myself! I started screaming and my grandparents came running in. I told my grandma what I'd seen. She took all of the clowns out to the garbage can in the garage straight away, and told me she was sorry. Since then I have hated circus looking clowns.

Reactions: surge and Debi
Clown DOLLS! OMG! That would do it for me! lol Right out the door!
Yeah I don't know why she had them, they were antiques too. Clearly she didn't want them in their bedroom, but I guess she also felt maybe she couldn't get rid of them because they had sentiment or something. My grandma is sensitive herself, but she keeps it VERY hidden, and she was severely ill as a child with high fevers that almost killed her & no medical attention, which fried her brain essentially and has left her with a low IQ - she's like Forrest Gump... So no one ever takes the odd things she says or does seriously, but that woman can make prayers come true & just knows some things that no one else does. I often wonder what it'd be like if she hadn't had her brain fried...I take her seriously & she has a very uncanny way of speaking to animals- she's like a magnet for them. My pets love her & know when she's going to drop in before she does. Even my mean cat she can call to her without even speaking. So I bet she knew something was up with those clowns...

Reactions: surge and Debi
clown-doll.jpg

Reactions: Indigo