Cooking Mistakes

I have heard about this marmite thing in past posts. I have to say it sounds awful. At best an acquired taste! But I agree, Oz. They get the award.
I was including Oz Vegemite in the horrible sandwich spread, it's stronger than Marmite but for some reason you get addicted to both, maybe similar to nicotine but it's supposed to be good for you, or so the adds say, lol.

I was including Oz Vegemite in the horrible sandwich spread, it's stronger than Marmite but for some reason you get addicted to both, maybe similar to nicotine but it's supposed to be good for you, or so the adds say, lol.
Yes, it's got loads of vitamins in it. But I think the amount of salt probably cancels that out, lol!

Could be the time that I put borax in a dessert recipe which called for a pinch of salt. I was cooking at a friend’s house. She stepped out of the kitchen for a few minutes as I was looking for ingredients. I found the white powdery crystals in a bowl next to the stove. It didn’t taste like sugar when I dropped a pinch into my mouth so I assumed it was some form of dietary restricted salt and used it in my dessert.

My buddy from Dayton turned me on to Cincinnati chili. We would stop at Skyline Chili before Reds games. Good !
Mom makes pretty good chilli with beans and ground beef. Tons of minced peppers & onions. I add Louisiana hot sauce, big dollop of sour cream, and crumpled up a handful of Fritos.
Then at the end sop everything up out of the bowl with French bread. It pairs well with Diet Barq's root beer.

Yes, I did but I had to throw out a great big beautiful chef's salad because there was no way to undo the mistake.
Oh the tears of frustration. Thank god you didn’t eat it.

Reactions: crux and Debi