China's space station to crash to earth

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
China's space station will crash into Earth within months | Daily Mail Online

China's out-of-control space station will crash to Earth within MONTHS, and no one knows where the debris will land
  • Pieces weighing up to 100kg could make it to the surface of Earth
  • Tiangong-1 is China's first space station launched in September 2011
  • But the Chinese space agency lost control of the spacecraft-1 in 2016
  • Experts predict it will crash back to Earth between October 2017 and April 2018
When China launched its first space station in 2011, it had great ambitions of using the craft to set up a larger space complex.

But the Chinese space agency lost control of Tiangong-1 in September 2016, and now experts predict the 8.5 tonne craft will come crashing back down to Earth within months.

Worryingly, experts are unsure precisely when the space station will head towards Earth - or where the debris will land.

Full story at site

China's space station will crash into Earth within months | Daily Mail Online

China's out-of-control space station will crash to Earth within MONTHS, and no one knows where the debris will land
  • Pieces weighing up to 100kg could make it to the surface of Earth
  • Tiangong-1 is China's first space station launched in September 2011
  • But the Chinese space agency lost control of the spacecraft-1 in 2016
  • Experts predict it will crash back to Earth between October 2017 and April 2018
When China launched its first space station in 2011, it had great ambitions of using the craft to set up a larger space complex.

But the Chinese space agency lost control of Tiangong-1 in September 2016, and now experts predict the 8.5 tonne craft will come crashing back down to Earth within months.

Worryingly, experts are unsure precisely when the space station will head towards Earth - or where the debris will land.

Full story at site
isn't the fuel used in satellites and space stations seriously toxic to local ecosystems? like, comparable to mustard gas? i'm more worried about that than an impact.

Oh boy. Not cool.

isn't the fuel used in satellites and space stations seriously toxic to local ecosystems? like, comparable to mustard gas? i'm more worried about that than an impact.
They "say" it's toxic, but I always thought it was just propaganda to keep people away from crashed equipment. They use extremely concentrated fuels, solid or liquid gases I think, but I have no clue what. You may be right.

Oh boy. Not cool.

They "say" it's toxic, but I always thought it was just propaganda to keep people away from crashed equipment. They use extremely concentrated fuels, solid or liquid gases I think, but I have no clue what. You may be right.
Maybe it will burn up before hitting. Scary stuff always in the news.

Reactions: Taliesin and Debi