Brain/Machine interface trials

I think that you misunderstood me or more likely I failed to make myself clear. I am very much in favor of helping those that have real needs. Our Vets, old people, people with disabilities and children deserve care and support. My point that seemed to get lost is that support should not be primarily used for people who only have the disability of laziness and drug addiction. If someone is healthy and needs help give them a JOB and pay them to do it. Pay for their kids to be cared for and offer them opportunities to better themselves. If they refuse to support their children they should be arrested and the kids given to someone that will take care of them and love them.

I didn't receive help for two reasons. I would not lie and I wanted to work and was physically able to do so. I have a problem with people that just keep having kids to get more money from welfare because they refuse to work. Our Government is making lazy a lifestyle choice. I don't care about them but letting them raise generation after generation of kids with no future and no support really bothers me. Before anyone thinks this has something to do with race, I have family that are crack head addicts that ride this welfare horse. Did you know that being a crack addict is a disability??? A first cousin draws disability social security because of his "disability."

Every school should serve two hot meals a day EVERY DAY to any child that wants to eat. Help those that need help and require those that can work to do so rather than pay them to have kids that they can't and won't support.

PS: EVERY chid born in the US should have quality health care from birth to adulthood. Health care for children should not have anything to do with income EVER!!!
Now we're on the same page, Dan. Here in Indiana it is required that anyone receiving aid works at least 20 hours a week. If you don't, the aid goes away. They are very strict in enforcing it, and it appears to be getting a lot of folks off the rolls and into jobs.

Reactions: Lynne
I'm not just pushing the making people work because I dislike laziness. When people work and take care of themselves they can have pride, self-respect and hope for better things to come. When you allow a person to become little more than an attached parasite you take that away from them. A child raised by someone lacking these things is handicapped. Self-respect is like self-discipline; a child isn't born with it. They have to learn it from the adults they live with. Respect that has meaning is something EARNED not something that is given. Respect that is given is about like the "toy" in a box of Cracker Jacks and not work anything. Welfare, as it is set up today is a TRAP that once caught is nearly impossible to escape from and becomes a generational ongoing misery.

Wow good discussion. I see Tex’s points as long as they are not blanket statements. Having a good work ethic and self reliance should be promoted and not punished in this country.

Getting back to the main topic, I first saw the down side until I read Tex’s medical points. I can see this might help the blind see and the lame walk. So I guess we might as well go for the good because the military probably already has it and will use it as it will anyway.