BF in Argentina

Exactly - They have been here likely as long as we have - I think we can co-exist without too much problem but it has to be recognized some of these creatures are NOT friendly and there will always be frictions to manage - I suspect that the Forest Service and Military are already doing that while walking a fine-line not to scare the general public who may not be prepared to learn about the creatures in the forests of the Americas. Witness the "Dogmen" and other strange creatures which there is evidence for... A lot of strange things happen in the bush country and the Missing 411 cases are ample evidence that some of these folks go missing because of some sort of bad cryptid encounter.
Exactly. I have always thought this was the real reason the federal parks were set aside and protected.

Exactly. I have always thought this was the real reason the federal parks were set aside and protected.
Yes - I think Teddy Roosevelt's encounters and stories he was undoubtedly aware of with the reality of these things figured prominently. The U.S. government has kept their own X-Files reports of these sorts of things for well over 150 years so it would make sense that they knew of the creatures out there and had to figure a best course of action in dealing with them... I think it has evolved into something of an "agreement" that we leave the forests for the most part in the Winter and leave the cryptids in peace in the lower country to survive the winter and then they go higher up in the spring and summer months. I've even seen that there is a dictionary of Sasquatch words - it would be interesting to see if there has been some form of negotiation with them in the past on the basis of this knowledge of how to speak to them... Just idle speculation of course.

Reactions: Selectric and Lynne
Yes - I think Teddy Roosevelt's encounters and stories he was undoubtedly aware of with the reality of these things figured prominently. The U.S. government has kept their own X-Files reports of these sorts of things for well over 150 years so it would make sense that they knew of the creatures out there and had to figure a best course of action in dealing with them... I think it has evolved into something of an "agreement" that we leave the forests for the most part in the Winter and leave the cryptids in peace in the lower country to survive the winter and then they go higher up in the spring and summer months. I've even seen that there is a dictionary of Sasquatch words - it would be interesting to see if there has been some form of negotiation with them in the past on the basis of this knowledge of how to speak to them... Just idle speculation of course.
We are on the same page on this topic.