AZ senator wants mandatory church

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a stupid as Obama's mandatory vote idea. Who chooses your denomination? What if I'm Presbyterian and my town has only Methodist and Baptist churches? What if I'm atheist? Or as Debi said, if you practise a non-traditional religion are you forced into a mainstream church? Non-compliance penalties? How is attendance verified? Sounds like there would be a need for a whole new agency. Let's call it the Ministry of Religion!

Reactions: Debi
I have on occasion been in a few Christian churches...especially Catholic with my friend the nun....and have not been struck by lightning. However, that was by MY choice, not someone who forced me into it. Also, in the article, the woman seems to imply that unless one goes to church or is of a Christian theology, you don't have morals. I resent that remark. My ethics and moral code may be even more strict than her own.

Reactions: surge
For a minute, I wondered what had happened to my post, then I remembered that I had replied at doomjunkie dot com regarding this subject, not here! :p

I'll say the same thing here that I said there, this senator needs to worry about her own ass getting into heaven or at least into a good dimension once she passes. Nevermind what everyone else is doing. Besides, more and more people are wising up to the BS behind organized religion and are striking their own path in the search for God, the meaning of life and all the other big subjects related to spirituality.

Reactions: surge and Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.