Ask a Wiccan......

Re: "a lot of witches still in the broom closet " Funny choice of words, but know what you meant
Re: " I really miss that kick ass energy " As we get older, we may lose some of that energy, but it is replaced by wisdom. This allows us to be mentors to those who follow us

How much time do you have to spend explaining what real Wicca is as opposed to what people have seen in pop culture?
A LOT of explanation is necessary most of the time. What I laid out here in this thread is pretty much what I present on a regular basis.

Debi, what sort of resistance did you face from family and friends when you "came out" as Wiccan?
Sadly, I am estranged from some family members who are unwilling to be associated with me unless I "repent" and accept their religous beliefs. I honor their beliefs and wish them well. I have never sought to convert them, but somehow they feel an overwhelming need to convert me.
All I can do is let them go in love.

Reactions: Laura and surge
I am out of the broom closet with a few choice individuals who accept me as i am. As for my very Utah family members, I am still in the broom closet, but I believe they would not be surprised if I disclose. I openly wear a Goddess Pentacle, always, everyday for the last 16 years. Funny, that I recently had a couple of male coworkers say in an off conversation that "Wiccans scare them"...If they only knew... ;)

How about the tools we use? Wiccans may choose to use an abundance of tools, yet I choose to work sans tools or whatever is handy. I have a few blessed items that have collected dust and the dark they are stored in. (out of sight out of mind). My paper shredder is actually the most magickal tool that I possess- that usually gets a few odd looks. :) Thanks for this thread.

I recently bought a very small tin of flying ointment (non toxic). I got the nerve to open the box, but not to use it yet. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Debi
I am out of the broom closet with a few choice individuals who accept me as i am. As for my very Utah family members, I am still in the broom closet, but I believe they would not be surprised if I disclose. I openly wear a Goddess Pentacle, always, everyday for the last 16 years. Funny, that I recently had a couple of male coworkers say in an off conversation that "Wiccans scare them"...If they only knew... ;)

How about the tools we use? Wiccans may choose to use an abundance of tools, yet I choose to work sans tools or whatever is handy. I have a few blessed items that have collected dust and the dark they are stored in. (out of sight out of mind). My paper shredder is actually the most magickal tool that I possess- that usually gets a few odd looks. :) Thanks for this thread.

I recently bought a very small tin of flying ointment (non toxic). I got the nerve to open the box, but not to use it yet. Any suggestions?
No suggestions! Let me know how it goes! :D

I work sans tools at this point except for the candles. Had some, put them away. I'll have to dig for a pic of the ones I have.

Reactions: Laura
Funny, that I recently had a couple of male coworkers say in an off conversation that "Wiccans scare them"...If they only knew... ;)
I think that its natural to be cautious or a bit fearful of the unknown. Something new takes one out of their comfort zone. The more people learn and understand, the less fearful they become.

Another thing about wiccans, and also me as a now self described Mystic......we honor Jesus as a holy one and also His mother. My best friend is a nun, the head of her order actually, and we have spoken many times of this. There is no conflict when you walk in LOVE.
Ahhh Haaa I understand!

Reactions: Debi