Are you turning into your parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naked Apple

Anam Cara
Reaction score
Growing up, I remember thinking that when I got older, I would be nothing like my parents. Sure, I would emulate the positive qualities like hard work, but the idiosyncrasies are what I would avoid. Now I see myself turning into a germophobe and remember my mother being that way. She refused to go swimming in pools because she said everyone peed in them. I used to think she was crazy. Today, I will NOT step into a nasty piss water pool. She was also a neat freak and I see that emerging in myself, where now I start to get into a bad mood if I see a lot of clutter.

How about you, are you turning into your parents?

Last edited:
Luckily, I see nothing of my mom coming through! LOL She was a pack-rat and a leeeetle bit obsessive on having things her way. I often feel like I've dodged a bullet on that one!

However, I do see my father in myself of late. People always compare me to him and it's just been recently that I can say I see it. The traits coming through aren't disturbing to me at all, some are even very welcome.

Yeah, I see both parents in me, but I'm most like my father. I don't have the pack rat gene, but in most other ways I'm just like him. No problem with that at all, because I can honestly say he is the best man I've ever known.

Reactions: Seahunter and Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.