Are You an Empath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that the majority of people in the paranormal field are empaths to some degree. If you don't know what that is, take a moment to read at least the first few paragraphs of this article to get a really good definition.

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2014/10/02/empath-one/

So, having now read what it is, does the shoe fit? Do you feel what others feel? Do you pick up emotions as you walk through the mall? Can't watch some things on the news because your soul simply becomes overwhelmed?
Do you often feel the emotions of others?

I've always done this and have had to learn to put up shields so I can "detach" enough to be helpful to others. My son who has Asperger's tells me that he often becomes overwhelmed in stores or public places because he "feels" what everybody around him is feeling. Many people in the healthcare field also seem to have this ability and some even "burn out" because it can be just too overwhelming.

So, what say you? Have a touch of empath in you?

you know at one time i joked cause a few people told me they were empaths and couldn't find ice at the north pole, but they were told the same medium they were empaths, i asked him if that meant they were special... and he hung up on me....

but i do believe some people are....

You know, I don't even think that empaths rely on a psychic connection all the time,Ducky. I think most people who have this ability are just sooo finely tuned into their own intuition and abilities to "read" people, that they are able to put themselves into another person's shoes very quickly. It may be more of a skill than a paranormal thing.

Some people are as dead as a piece of wood , If you cease to use the tools you were given , then they become redundant ! Why were you given these tools ......to survive !!!! Sensitive to your surroundings enables you to "fight or flight. " Can you walk into a bar or restaurant and immediately walk back out , you picked up on the negative energy within and know trouble is about to start , others are oblivious to this .

Some people are as dead as a piece of wood , If you cease to use the tools you were given , then they become redundant ! Why were you given these tools ......to survive !!!! Sensitive to your surroundings enables you to "fight or flight. " Can you walk into a bar or restaurant and immediately walk back out , you picked up on the negative energy within and know trouble is about to start , others are oblivious to this .
I like the analogy, hon. I think many who are empaths have a jacked up version of those skills and use them daily without thinking about it.

Really? How did you know?
Really? You have to ask me? lol :p

OK, we'll just go with the obvious. You are probably one of the most caring, sensitive people I've met and you often pick up on other's needs here on the forum very quickly. Your answers to some of the more delicate questions posed on here are so heartfelt and passionate that you couldn't NOT be one. And...there's your profession.

Reactions: Grinchesbro
I really do feel a strong connection to others. I never tell anyone about it because it would seem weird. There are times when I have looked at someone and it's like I can read their thoughts. I know exactly how they feel. It doesn't affect my mood. It's like the Vulcan mind meld, except it's like a Vulcan spirit meld that lasts one or two seconds. Then the connection is broken.

Reactions: Grinchesbro
Status
Not open for further replies.