News Are we becoming the UN's toy?

I'd still like to see the useless UN get their behinds into all the countries filled with atrocities every day! Look at some of the countries in Africa that are under control of groups that think nothing of destroying hundreds and thousands of people! :mad:

And why does the US always have to be the one every other country relies on? Whenever there is a tragedy in the world, everyone turns to us to respond - where's the help from all the other countries??
We're their big guns. Every time.

Also, on disasters in the world, I think we often don't here about the efforts of some of the other countries in our press, Roy. I've seen reports of China, Russia, etc. sending aid in the foreign press, but not ours.

I've seen reports of China, Russia, etc. sending aid in the foreign press, but not ours.

Yeah, our press seems to forget that there is a world beyond our own borders, unless of course we're bombing someone back to the stone age. That's one of the reasons I watch Sky News on the Roku, and read a lot of UK, Canadian and Australian news sites.

Time for some other country to sponsor UN. We have had it long enough. Why does Halliburton employees in middle east drive Cadillac Escapades for work cars? These wars are keeping military contractors rich at the cost of US soldiers. In Vietnam we took a hill and gave it back and took it back again, same in middle east. Govt. will not let our military win wars and what is with building them back for them. We have things we need to be built here..

Last edited:
Time for some other country to sponsor UN. We have had it long enough. Why does Halliburton employees in middle east drive Cadillac Escapades for work cars? These wars are keeping military contractors rich at the cost of US soldiers. In Vietnam we took a hill and gave it back and took it back again, same in middle east. Govt. will not let our military win wars and what is with building them back for them. We have things need to be built here..
That's the thing...you wanna go fight? Then go to win! Be done! Loose as few men as possible! This whole ongoing war thing is out of control and has been for a very long time. I was one of those nasty little Vietnam protesters.....we need to see that again, IMO. And let me make it clear...I totally supported our troops! It was the government I protested. After that war we treated our guys like dog crap when they came home....so sad and wrong.

Reactions: surge and Indigo
That's the thing...you wanna go fight? Then go to win! Be done! Loose as few men as possible! This whole ongoing war thing is out of control and has been for a very long time. I was one of those nasty little Vietnam protesters.....we need to see that again, IMO. And let me make it clear...I totally supported our troops! It was the government I protested. After that war we treated our guys like dog crap when they came home....so sad and wrong.
I was protesting Iraq, but never got too crazy. Peaceable & a lot of shouting at congressmen "send your sons!" What crazy stuff did you do Debi? I love a good protest story.

I was protesting Iraq, but never got too crazy. Peaceable & a lot of shouting at congressmen "send your sons!" What crazy stuff did you do Debi? I love a good protest story.
Oh dear....I'm telling my stories again! lol After my cousin was killed, I was soooo fired up and only 16 at the time. The black armband came out, but of course since I dressed in black all the time nobody noticed that much. Hopped the Southshore train to go up to Chicago to join protests in the street there. People always had spare signs if you showed up to the protests marches or sit-ins back then. Normally it was peaceful sit-ins, but I did a march or two that got a little dicey there about the age of 17. Some tear gas and even a shot or two during those. Never got arrested, thank Goddess, as my parents would have shot me themselves! lol I also wrote protest songs, one called "The Soldier is Home Now." Used that one wherever I went. Guitar went with me back then. Did that for a loooong time. That war didn't want to end.

Oh dear....I'm telling my stories again! lol After my cousin was killed, I was soooo fired up and only 16 at the time. The black armband came out, but of course since I dressed in black all the time nobody noticed that much. Hopped the Southshore train to go up to Chicago to join protests in the street there. People always had spare signs if you showed up to the protests marches or sit-ins back then. Normally it was peaceful sit-ins, but I did a march or two that got a little dicey there about the age of 17. Some tear gas and even a shot or two during those. Never got arrested, thank Goddess, as my parents would have shot me themselves! lol I also wrote protest songs, one called "The Soldier is Home Now." Used that one wherever I went. Guitar went with me back then. Did that for a loooong time. That war didn't want to end.
Care to share the lyrics? Even if it's a PM. I'd love to know. I had signs with my cousin on them. I wrote a lot of poems but I never did share them.
michael-a-arciola.jpg

Reactions: Seahunter
Care to share the lyrics? Even if it's a PM. I'd love to know. I had signs with my cousin on them. I wrote a lot of poems but I never did share them.
michael-a-arciola.jpg
I will have to try and remember them all or go find the words in my memory stash I keep of old songs! Here's my cousin.

Schwuchow,%20Gerald%20L..jpg

I'll look for those lyrics, Indigo, and share them with you once I find them. :)

Reactions: Indigo