And The Winner Is.....

Have ever won a contest/raffle you've entered? If so, what was your prize?
Back in 2001 I entered a drawing to win a full size reversible, broadcloth cloak in the colors of my choice, and lo and behold, out of all the entries in the nation I won it, and I still have it.
And several months ago we bought a $10 scratch off and you could win up to 20 times on that scratch off. We won every single one! Five dollars each is $100. Here’s the picture below.

Attachments

• IMG_3404.jpeg
    IMG_3404.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
Back in 2001 I entered a drawing to win a full size reversible, broadcloth cloak in the colors of my choice, and lo and behold, out of all the entries in the nation I won it, and I still have it.
And several months ago we bought a $10 scratch off and you could win up to 20 times on that scratch off. We won every single one! Five dollars each is $100. Here’s the picture below.
In the words of Bevis, "Money's cool."

In the mid 60s, a local radio station had a promotion where they dropped party balloons from aircraft over the city. Each balloon had a number, and each number a prize attached to it. You took the balloon to the station, they crossed referenced the number with the prize list, and handed your prize.

I snagged one of the balloons, went to claim my prize, and it wasn't what I hoped for. It was a four place setting set of cheap plastic dishwear that was marketed under the trade name, Melmac.

Vintage 32 pc Melamine Pastel Confetti Dish Set in Easter Colors - Pink, Blue, Yellow, White ...jpeg

As an aside, TV watchers from the late 1980s will remember ALF from the series of the same name was supposed to have come to Earth from the planet Melmac. I've often wondered if that planet name came from the dishwear ?

I once entered a Jane Eyre contest. You had to say a famous quote from the book, and the prize was two tickets to the movie which was currently playing at local theaters, a free edition of the book, and a poster and bookmark. I wasn't sure what quote they were looking for, so I quoted "Reader, I married him." I won!

I only remember doing a few raffles. One i did was at a big party a friend was throwing for his mom. There were two horseshoe tournaments and i played in both. Blind draw partners and i almost won the first game. Second round i got paired with one of my best friends and we knew, they were done lol. So in the midst of winning the second game, a woman was asking about who had this ticket from raffle. It sounded like mine, pulled it out of my pocket and said yeah, that's me. I got the 5 disk cd changer which was the main prize. She asked oh, that's great, how many tickets did you buy? I told her, one lol. She blurted out a lovely response and walked away lol, So i went home with a cd player and cash from game 2..almost both games. Great party btw ;bg2
Steve, Sagittarius people seem notorious for landing on their feet!

My youngest brother had invited me to a company cook out and driven over to my place to pick me up. We got lost on the way there, and by the time we found the location they were starting to close everything down. We grabbed some food and then they announced that they were going to hold the raffle. My brother won a brand new outdoor grill and he hadn't even attended the darn cook out! You should have seen the envy on his coworker's faces! (My brother was unpopular because he always spoke his mind, lol!)

In the mid 60s, a local radio station had a promotion where they dropped party balloons from aircraft over the city. Each balloon had a number, and each number a prize attached to it. You took the balloon to the station, they crossed referenced the number with the prize list, and handed your prize.

I snagged one of the balloons, went to claim my prize, and it wasn't what I hoped for. It was a four place setting set of cheap plastic dishwear that was marketed under the trade name, Melmac.

View attachment 54986

As an aside, TV watchers from the late 1980s will remember ALF from the series of the same name was supposed to have come to Earth from the planet Melmac. I've often wondered if that planet name came from the dishwear ?
Pastel. Precious. Lol.

Reactions: garnetsilver
And the answer looks to be yes...