And The Winner Is.....

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
Have ever won a contest/raffle you've entered? If so, what was your prize?

Reactions: garnetsilver
In the late 1980s, my Mom talked me into buying raffle tickets supporting her parish's annual festival. I came home from a business trip late one Friday night and found a letter (and check) from the parish telling me I had won second prize, $500.

The next morning I called Mom to tell her the news. Things were going well until she told me I was expected to donate the money back to the parish. That didn't happen.

In the late 1980s, my Mom talked me into buying raffle tickets supporting her parish's annual festival. I came home from a business trip late one Friday night and found a letter (and check) from the parish telling me I had won second prize, $500.

The next morning I called Mom to tell her the news. Things were going well until she told me I was expected to donate the money back to the parish. That didn't happen.
To be fair Duke, that was a lot of money back in the 80's :) .

I only remember doing a few raffles. One i did was at a big party a friend was throwing for his mom. There were two horseshoe tournaments and i played in both. Blind draw partners and i almost won the first game. Second round i got paired with one of my best friends and we knew, they were done lol. So in the midst of winning the second game, a woman was asking about who had this ticket from raffle. It sounded like mine, pulled it out of my pocket and said yeah, that's me. I got the 5 disk cd changer which was the main prize. She asked oh, that's great, how many tickets did you buy? I told her, one lol. She blurted out a lovely response and walked away lol, So i went home with a cd player and cash from game 2..almost both games. Great party btw ;bg2

I only remember doing a few raffles. One i did was at a big party a friend was throwing for his mom. There were two horseshoe tournaments and i played in both. Blind draw partners and i almost won the first game. Second round i got paired with one of my best friends and we knew, they were done lol. So in the midst of winning the second game, a woman was asking about who had this ticket from raffle. It sounded like mine, pulled it out of my pocket and said yeah, that's me. I got the 5 disk cd changer which was the main prize. She asked oh, that's great, how many tickets did you buy? I told her, one lol. She blurted out a lovely response and walked away lol, So i went home with a cd player and cash from game 2..almost both games. Great party btw ;bg2
I have always had that view about raffle tickets, all you need is one.

When I was 12 I won a school talent show thing for a comedy sketch that I wrote and performed in.

In my teens, my rock band won a number of trophies for "Battle of the Bands" competitions until we realized those contests were just working for free.

Later I entered and won plaques in sports car rallies which no longer exist (the rallies) and hardly anyone today even knows what they were. But, they were a lot of fun and I enjoyed them immensely.

In later years, I won an award in a songwriting competition.

When I was 12 I won a school talent show thing for a comedy sketch that I wrote and performed in.

In my teens, my rock band won a number of trophies for "Battle of the Bands" competitions until we realized those contests were just working for free.

Later I entered and won plaques in sports car rallies which no longer exist (the rallies) and hardly anyone today even knows what they were. But, they were a lot of fun and I enjoyed them immensely.

In later years, I won an award in a songwriting competition.
Crux you are a very talented guy! Do you work in show biz today?