Do you think aliens should be obligated to show abductees compassion like we do toward animals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taliesin

Reaction score
Website
www.techstuffonly.com
In your opinion, do you think aliens should be morally and ethically obligated to show abductees compassion like how we're obligated to show animals compassion when we work with them? Please explain why you feel that way.

I hear so many horrific stories of abductees describing how they were pierced, drilled into, being forced to have sexual intercourse with aliens, and having fetuses ripped out of them, all without anasthesia. We have laws in place to protect animals from cruel, abusive, and painful practices, but aliens that supposedly abduct people, and which would therefore be more "advanced" than we are, don't seem to have any policy to ease the trauma of the abductees, and don't seem to be concerned about their suffering.

Maybe we do it simply for selfish reasons, hoping karma will reward us if we ever find ourselves in their situation. Maybe aliens have no reason to worry, if they know they will never be in that situation. Could that be the reason they don't care about abductees' suffering?

I think they should show compassion toward abductees, because I think that if they're going to to conduct experiments on abductees, they have the responsibility to care for the abductees.

Reactions: Paintman
We can't even figure out who or what they are at this point much less "obligate" them to do anything. I also think we transfer our human traits onto these unknowns and they may have a whole different set of morals/ethics or codes they use. I don't see any way we can "force" them to oblige us in any way at this point.

We, as humans, still run experiments on animals. No codes or ethics there for the most part. It's done to "help" our human species find ways to treat illnesses or to make safer products. We may be seen much the same to an "advanced" species above our own.

It's humans who need to have the compassion for those who report abductions.

We can't even figure out who or what they are at this point much less "obligate" them to do anything. I also think we transfer our human traits onto these unknowns and they may have a whole different set of morals/ethics or codes they use. I don't see any way we can "force" them to oblige us in any way at this point.

We, as humans, still run experiments on animals. No codes or ethics there for the most part. It's done to "help" our human species find ways to treat illnesses or to make safer products. We may be seen much the same to an "advanced" species above our own.

It's humans who need to have the compassion for those who report abductions.
I never said we can force them. It's a hypothetical. I guess I thought that was clear.

I never said we can force them. It's a hypothetical.
I get that. I'm just saying we could write laws, ask them nice, send a written request and I don't believe it would make a bit of difference to them. Judging by what we currently know of these events, they obviously have no problems doing what they are doing. Should they be nice? Yes. Will they be? I'm extremely doubtful they will change their ways, imo.

Reactions: Lynne
All I wanted was to have an interesting conversation about people's opinions, not try to start a movement. Sorry you deem the topic pointless.

I look at this sort of like what happened when the Europeans started spreading out all over the Earth and their efforts to bring "civilization" to the natives of those places. The Church wanted to "save" the heathers and that meant "Do it our way or die!!!"

I like to hope that humanity will not ever get off this planet until we grow up a lot more and make peace with ourselves. Were we to say colonize Mars now there is an almost certainty that within a hundred years there would be an interplanetary war that might leave both planets forever uninhabitable.

At this time we are limited to some small extent in how powerful our weapons can be and be worthwhile. Who wants a bomb that is so powerful that it kills you just as dead as it would your enemy?

Over time I believe that as people become better educated and informed that it will become harder for our governments to convince us that we need to go someplace thousands of miles away to fight and kill people that have not done anything much to us personally and often are NO threat to us. Korea and Vietnam jump to mind and no doubt shaped my feelings in this. I'm sick and tired of the US fighting for people that won't fight for their own freedoms.

I am pleased that at least the most recent generations didn't have to grow up with the possibility of having to go and get killed for the sake of other people that often seem to not want our help.

Reactions: Paintman
All I wanted was to have an interesting conversation about people's opinions, not try to start a movement. Sorry you deem the topic pointless.
No reason to take offense and Debi did not say your topic was pointless. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Part of a discussion is allowing others to state their side.

Reactions: Debi