A Co-Host? Suggestions?

This post is not directed toward anyone in particular, but is being issued so that everyone is aware of the stand of this forum regarding comments on Redacted.

I have personally had a conversation with Redacted and found her to be an honest, caring lady who is trying to learn about the world of radio. She is a member of this forum in good standing and should be afforded the respect we ask towards all our members, as stated in our Information to New Members.

You may offer your opinions regarding your perceptions of her skills as she is open to productive criticism that will help her improve, but I must insist that there be no personal remarks directed towards her as an individual. Thank you.
I agree with your stance 100%...you are trying to create a forum that is "family friendly" , Is intolerant of direct attacks of a personal nature, has standards by not allowing profanity

Hey, we all want Art back! It's like going back in time and finding an old friend. :) Looking forward to the show tonight! Join us on the live thread, segundus. We're all chatting away over there.

I agree with your stance 100%...you are trying to create a forum that is "family friendly" , Is intolerant of direct attacks of a personal nature, has standards by not allowing profanity
True...we do have younger people on here. I happen to know of a certain 15 year old who comes around a bit. (Go to bed, kiddo! School tomorrow!)

Reactions: Hopeless
Have to ask you this question: What makes you think there are hidden motivations? I have no problem with you questioning the why....just with the word "hidden." Perhaps he hasn't shared his reasons for helping redacted, but that doesn't create some hidden agenda.

And I support your right to want, and ask for, just Art on the show. We are an audience, I agree....and as listeners, if we prefer just Art, then we should obviously say that's our preference. I know Art does hear, and listen to, his fans.
I guess here goes my opinion
I do not want a cohost when I get my Art Bell fix.....(unwanted adulterant)
BUT if he did I hope I would NOT personally attack the cohost.....
ANY MORE than Art Bell, himself.
I may offer my displeasure, but would abstain from issuing insults and personal attacks directed at the cohost (nor toward Art Bell personally)

Reactions: Hopeless
Have to ask you this question: What makes you think there are hidden motivations? I have no problem with you questioning the why....just with the word "hidden."

I think this hits on where many listeners had a problem. Art gives every guest an intro ... sometimes around 5 minutes it seems like!
But you know what I mean, every show he will bring on a guest --- but before the guest speaks --- Art will tell us about their background, their work, their life, and basically get us really excited to hear what the person has to say! However, with Redacted, they made a VERY big deal about telling us nothing about her. So in all honesty, it felt like a lot of things were hidden! I can completely understand why listeners got off on the wrong foot with her. It sort of came off as "fishy", like something was being hidden for some reason.

It's funny, Debi, you said in a previous post that you personally had a conversation with Redacted, and talked with her about what's going on and her interests. So you actually know her, because a personal connection with made with her! Something the listeners were told they would not get! :D
Again, that's why when listening to that test show, things felt hidden.

But like you said, that show is over, time to move on! So, I hope it is clear I am not disrespecting the person in question. I'm just trying to get my feelings about the crazy situation out.

That being said --- Debi, I REALLY want to applaud you for how the conversation has been going on this thread. REALLY! I've been on other forums, and I've seen where similar conversations would have taken a very nasty turn. But you really kept things civil and clear-headed! I mean you reminded us of the rules, but then allowed further exploration of the particulars in a completely understanding tone. I truly feel like I understand everyone's different views, and it is SO refreshing to read differing views in a mature setting. I honestly am impressed at how the conversation is going, and I'm so happy to be a member here!

Ironically --- I did not hear last night's call-in show! So I have no idea if the co-host was even there!

Reactions: Hopeless and Debi
Thank you, Normal-Foot. I appreciate your kind comments. :)

Ironically --- I did not hear last night's call-in show! So I have no idea if the co-host was even there!
The show was fantastic last night! Just Art and some really interesting callers. Hope you're a Time Traveler and get to hear it!

Truly an evening, that left you with memories to savor in your dreams and the following day....
Yes....simply Art Bell.....open lines (unscreened).....and the callers.....
UNADULTERATED ART BELL !!!!
(contains NO "added" ingredients)
:)

Thank you, Normal-Foot. I appreciate your kind comments. :)
The show was fantastic last night! Just Art and some really interesting callers. Hope you're a Time Traveler and get to hear it!

And I appreciate how the forums are run! Thank you again, it's a nice place to hang out!
And yes I am a Time Traveler, and will download it tomorrow. In the future!

Reactions: Hopeless and Debi