9/23/2015 (Wednesday) - Author Tess Gerritsen

7Critter

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
MFLT81W3A.jpg

Internationally bestselling author Tess Gerritsen took an unusual route to a writing career. A graduate of Stanford University, Tess went on to medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, where she was awarded her M.D. Now retired from medicine, she writes full time. Her books have been published in forty countries, and more than 30 million copies have been sold around the world.

While on maternity leave from her work as a physician, she began to write fiction. In 1987, her first novel was published. Call After Midnight, a romantic thriller, was followed by eight more romantic suspense novels. She also wrote a screenplay, "Adrift", which aired as a 1993 CBS Movie of the Week starring Kate Jackson.

Perhaps you will recognize some of her writings from her series of novels featuring homicide detective Jane Rizzoli and medical examiner Maura Isles which inspired the TNT television series "Rizzoli & Isles" starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander.

Tess' website: tessgerritsen.com

Tess-Gerritsen.jpg Tess-Gerritsen book 1.jpg Tess-Gerritsen book 2.jpg Tess-Gerritsen book 3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mokey
HOW TO LISTEN:
LIVE:
Now of course you can listen to Art Bell for FREE during the LIVE broadcast of the show, at 9pm Pacific / Midnight Eastern. However….

Archives: You can join the Time Travelers and travel back to listen to Art’s archived shows the next morning or on the weekend. You can stream them right from the membership area, or download them into your MP3 player. IOS users can use the RSS feed link to download and listen via the Apple podcast app. NOTE: The archives will not have the music in them.

Wormhole: You can also travel forward and send messages through the Wormhole into the future directly to Art during the LIVE show.
(from darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com)

CALL ART!
Telephone: 1 (952) 225-5278 (CALL-ART)

Reactions: Mokey and Seahunter
Tess is an excellent author and I have read most of her books. She is solid in the medical field. I'm just not sure what the actual topic will be?

Tess is an excellent author and I have read most of her books. She is solid in the medical field. I'm just not sure what the actual topic will be?
I see she has a new book coming out. The only thing I can possibly piece together that might be of interest to the show's listeners, is it appears the book character comes across a piece of sheet music that sort of possesses her child?

Reactions: Debi
Still looking for an actual "topic" on the show itself. Will let you know if I find one!

OK...found these comments on FB concerning Art and Tess's past appearance on the show.

JC Hates this "WILLFUL WOMAN" (Tess Gerritsen) he mentioned so , specifically called her out, many years ago 2005 I believe, on Art's old show .

aww, i started reading Tess after hearing her on Art's show many many years ago.........he seemed to be "enchanted"

View attachment 2504

Internationally bestselling author Tess Gerritsen took an unusual route to a writing career. A graduate of Stanford University, Tess went on to medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, where she was awarded her M.D. Now retired from medicine, she writes full time. Her books have been published in forty countries, and more than 30 million copies have been sold around the world.

While on maternity leave from her work as a physician, she began to write fiction. In 1987, her first novel was published. Call After Midnight, a romantic thriller, was followed by eight more romantic suspense novels. She also wrote a screenplay, "Adrift", which aired as a 1993 CBS Movie of the Week starring Kate Jackson.

Perhaps you will recognize some of her writings from her series of novels featuring homicide detective Jane Rizzoli and medical examiner Maura Isles which inspired the TNT television series "Rizzoli & Isles" starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander.

Tess' website: tessgerritsen.com

View attachment 2499 View attachment 2500 View attachment 2501 View attachment 2502
I remember her as a guest. It must be so many years ago. Either Art or Snoory interviewed her once before. I just don't remember who was the host but I remember her. Art could interview an avocado or scrambled eggs and it would be a great show!

Reactions: Debi
I remember her as a guest. It must be so many years ago. Either Art or Snoory interviewed her once before. I just don't remember who was the host but I remember her. Art could interview an avocado or scrambled eggs and it would be a great show!
LOL! I love it...avocado interviewing! :p