9-20-2022 Tuesday Live Chat

I came home from work when i was dating someone and she had been cooking dinner. I walked in the door and i'm not sure if she was rushing, but she said dinner was done and reached into the oven and picked up the dish without mitts or pot holders. I felt so bad for her, luckily she didn't get hurt badly. Been burned on my hands when i was kid. Believe me i know the excruciating pain that comes with that. I think i ordered out that night for us.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Yeah, it is one thing i always hated to do and that's throw out food. Especially if it hasn't even been eaten yet lol.
Yes and at todays food prices it is a shame. I am trying to catch up on a some posts, I have missed a lot this week.

Reactions: Selectric
I came home from work when i was dating someone and she had been cooking dinner. I walked in the door and i'm not sure if she was rushing, but she said dinner was done and reached into the oven and picked up the dish without mitts or pot holders. I felt so bad for her, luckily she didn't get hurt badly. Been burned on my hands when i was kid. Believe me i know the excruciating pain that comes with that. I think i ordered out that night for us.
I have done the exact same thing when rushing. If you spend enough time cooking it's bound to happen. She was probably trying to make it nice for you.

Reactions: Selectric
My kinda guy! I love cabbage. Usually cook the corned beef with cabbage and potatoes. Yum!
I like to add potatoes as well. We've also tried adding onions, carrots, celery and a few other veggies just to see how it turns out. Back when the kids were little we would have leftover corned beef, cabbage and potato. I would chop it up, throw it in a pan and fry it up the next morning. My daughter loved it, she called it "Who-hash".

• Love it
Reactions: garnetsilver
Okay... I am totally freaked out... been trying to access the forum since 6:30 and it had just gone dark dark dark. Somebody... ANYBODY... needs to tell me everything is okay.