Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
mnight.png

FRIDAY OPEN LINES

CALL-IN
Telephone: 1 (952) 225-5278 (CALL-ART)

It's time for those famous Open Lines tonight! Always a fun way to end the week. Join us here tonight. Are you brave enough to call in? Let us know if you do!

Last edited:
extramedium,
extramedium..like it...REALLY
Questions:
Is there something stuck in his upper teeth (middle) ?
Will he call in tonight ?
If YOU call in, you need to mention
ArtBellians tm by extramedium (of MidNight Forum fame)..I think that it is so neat (and original) !
Curandero

Last edited:
Reactions: extramedium
That's Iron Mike Tyson. If he callths in, epic timeths will be had by all of uths!

I'm planning on calling in at some point, but not tonight. Lots of stuff going on in my life. Selling house, moving, blah blah blah.

That's Iron Mike Tyson. If he callths in, epic timeths will be had by all of uths!

I'm planning on calling in at some point, but not tonight. Lots of stuff going on in my life. Selling house, moving, blah blah blah.
I did that last year...moved on the coldest day of the year in a snow storm no less! :confused::eek: Lot's of "fun"....not.

When I do call in, GEET will be a subject I'll discuss. I wanna knows Art's stance on the 1951 Secrecy Act.

If you've never heard of it, you should read up. I wrote this on another forum... F-bombs redacted, Debi. ;)

"I got one... For a long time I was confused as to why certain inventions that I stumbled on, or found through research and experiments weren't mainstream. I know of several devices you can put on your car to get up to 80% efficiency. In case you don't realize it, gasoline engines (that are finely tuned) get 20% efficiency at best.

In order to maintain the status quo, the government enacted the 1951 Secrecy Act. It was made classified when it was introduced, and has remained in the background ever since. There is a special section dedicated to efficiency standards, where it states that any "novel" device that can make an engine 50% or more efficient is deemed a national security threat.

If you were to make an engine that was 50% efficient, and could retrofit the device to all engines run on gasoline or diesel, the patent will never see the light of day. You would instantly reduce fuel tax revenue for the government in half. That, to "them" is a national security issue. Not to mention eliminating half of all oil usage. Jobs, wars, and all other pertinent infrastructure would be unjustified. Our way of life would collapse... due to better efficiency. Fudged up, I know.

If you'd like to read the text on it, this is a good reference. http://www.fas.org/sgp/othergov/invention/35usc17.html The actual law is long as fudge. Worth reading if you're affected by it, though.
wink.gif

So, the lesson is, if you create, or build someone's creation that makes any energy producing device better than 50% efficient, keep it quiet. Otherwise prepare for a massive raping via government for the rest of your life."

Reactions: surge and Debi
When I do call in, GEET will be a subject I'll discuss. I wanna knows Art's stance on the 1951 Secrecy Act.

If you've never heard of it, you should read up. I wrote this on another forum... F-bombs redacted, Debi. ;)

"I got one... For a long time I was confused as to why certain inventions that I stumbled on, or found through research and experiments weren't mainstream. I know of several devices you can put on your car to get up to 80% efficiency. In case you don't realize it, gasoline engines (that are finely tuned) get 20% efficiency at best.

In order to maintain the status quo, the government enacted the 1951 Secrecy Act. It was made classified when it was introduced, and has remained in the background ever since. There is a special section dedicated to efficiency standards, where it states that any "novel" device that can make an engine 50% or more efficient is deemed a national security threat.

If you were to make an engine that was 50% efficient, and could retrofit the device to all engines run on gasoline or diesel, the patent will never see the light of day. You would instantly reduce fuel tax revenue for the government in half. That, to "them" is a national security issue. Not to mention eliminating half of all oil usage. Jobs, wars, and all other pertinent infrastructure would be unjustified. Our way of life would collapse... due to better efficiency. Fudged up, I know.

If you'd like to read the text on it, this is a good reference. http://www.fas.org/sgp/othergov/invention/35usc17.html The actual law is long as fudge. Worth reading if you're affected by it, though.
wink.gif

So, the lesson is, if you create, or build someone's creation that makes any energy producing device better than 50% efficient, keep it quiet. Otherwise prepare for a massive raping via government for the rest of your life."
That sounds like a really good call to make, Extra. Very interesting and I know Art is into that kind of topic as well.

tumblr_inline_mjzd281tQH1qz4rgp.gif

Yea, I got that...the flat earth guy, I expected him to go for an "ear" at any time during his rants....
(Of course he would have ONLY with "all due respect ....")
I expected that flat earth guy to go for an ear at any moment...of course he would have only "with all due respect"
I felt bad for the Harvard Prof !

Tonight's delights include fishwich sliders and fish tacos. Fresh berries picked later this afternoon road side.
1. Free online Guided Meditation from UCLA stream or download with iTunes.
2. Asimov's Foundation Trilogy in a BBC radio production Public Domain in the US, most other countries allow streaming, please check locally.
3. JPL/NASA podcasts and videocasts
4. Ghost stories Radiolab Anything Ghost Ghostpod in the UK
With the MITD blackout this weekend I thought it might be nice to find some 'in lieu of' listening. Anyone else have favorites not already on this site?

Reactions: Hopeless and Debi
Tonight's delights include fishwich sliders and fish tacos. Fresh berries picked later this afternoon road side.
1. Free online Guided Meditation from UCLA stream or download with iTunes.
2. Asimov's Foundation Trilogy in a BBC radio production Public Domain in the US, most other countries allow streaming, please check locally.
3. JPL/NASA podcasts and videocasts
4. Ghost stories Radiolab Anything Ghost Ghostpod in the UK
With the MITD blackout this weekend I thought it might be nice to find some 'in lieu of' listening. Anyone else have favorites not already on this site?
DoTell, you are a wealth of information! We do appreciate your contributions! Keep 'em coming.....:)

Reactions: Hopeless and DoTell