5-3-2022 Tuesday Live Chat

These are a real dog breed. My friend, who is 4'9" and maybe 100 pounds herself, just got a St. Bernoodle puppy who is expected to weigh in at 135 pounds when full grown. I have to admit, they look like giant Muppets.

View attachment 39875
That is not a real dog breed, that is a hybrid. It seems people are breeding every thing with a poodle nowadays. Standard poodles are good dogs and some of the combinations do not make good dogs. If you breed one with a hunting dog of similar build it isn't so bad, because they are hunting dogs but if you breed with other kinds of dogs you can get some pretty weird personaities and health issues.

I took acupuncture, then electroacupuncture, years ago for fibromyalgia. It worked great initially, but became less effective as time went on.
Yep I was told it would not be a permanent solution. Any relief is welcome at this point though.
Had xrays today, we'll see where we go.

Reactions: Paintman
That is not a real dog breed, that is a hybrid. It seems people are breeding every thing with a poodle nowadays. Standard poodles are good dogs and some of the combinations do not make good dogs. If you breed one with a hunting dog of similar build it isn't so bad, because they are hunting dogs but if you breed with other kinds of dogs you can get some pretty weird personaities and health issues.
You are absolutely correct on the hybrid vs breed.

Standard poodles are a badass breed on their own. Smart, fierce when needed, utterly loyal, highly trainable.

The standard haircut does their best attributes no justice, lol.
This new hybrid looks like a giant stuffed toy. My friend is delighted with her pup, despite the fact it will most likely be bigger than her when full grown. Not sure who's gonna be holding the leash when they go for a walk. lol

Me too, just getting my pile ready to go for morning. The Pug is keeping my spot warm on the couch. Mom is in her recliner (throne). ;)

Still an hour to go as this is typed.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi