4-29-2022 Friday Live Chat

Really? I'm an 80s kid and I only got five! For the record the only things I never did or had are:
Sea Monkeys (I had plenty of ads in imported comic books though)
Polaroid camera (my older aunt had that)
Shag carpets (we had 'whatever' carpets)
Boogie van (I have no idea what that even is, but I knew a guy who had a wandering rave boat.)
8-track anything. I mean, c'mon! We had glorious C-90 cassettes!

I've totally done everything else though.
And with that, I really am saying goodnight!
In any case, I automatically fail any non-70s test because I once went out in my dad's old stuff from the early 70s for the night. Ridiculously ornate velvet sleeveless waistcoat - red with patterns, open chest, big ass medallion, big suede boots with tassles and black leather wristbands with metal spikes. It was a crazy night. I don't think I got any trousers with that, but based on the rest I shudder to think; zebra striped flares? Alligator skin speedo? Who knows? Anyway, bless the early 70s for for this madness!
I went out in it because our favourite pub was having a 70s night. I'd intended to go as Spider-man but I have big hair it looked ridiculous with a big bulging mask, so gave that to my friend and switched to a 70s Marvel villain (I wanted to be somebody from a comic!), Angar, the Screamer:
Of whom there are no good pictures on-line I can re-post, and I'm not going to scan the comic because I went to bed hours ago and am asleep! But he looked more or less as terrible/cool as I did. We scared an old lady on our way there. We tried to calm her down, but she ran away screaming. Then when we got there nobody else was even in costume! So we just spent the whole night like that in a non-costume night which was supposed to be one. The owners loved us and we got free drinks though, so not all bad.
Also, we got to look like that for a whole night! I had to call in sick the next day though. Still, worth it.
I am asleep now and in bed and not still up. If I wasn't already asleep I would be doing that now, but since I am asleep already I'm not as I'm there already and you never saw this. *

*I may have said that to some or all people on that night too. If I was there or here which I wasn't and aren't.

Reactions: Duke and Selectric
In any case, I automatically fail any non-70s test because I once went out in my dad's old stuff from the early 70s for the night. Ridiculously ornate velvet sleeveless waistcoat - red with patterns, open chest, big ass medallion, big suede boots with tassles and black leather wristbands with metal spikes. It was a crazy night. I don't think I got any trousers with that, but based on the rest I shudder to think; zebra striped flares? Alligator skin speedo? Who knows? Anyway, bless the early 70s for for this madness!
I went out in it because our favourite pub was having a 70s night. I'd intended to go as Spider-man but I have big hair it looked ridiculous with a big bulging mask, so gave that to my friend and switched to a 70s Marvel villain (I wanted to be somebody from a comic!), Angar, the Screamer:
Of whom there are no good pictures on-line I can re-post, and I'm not going to scan the comic because I went to bed hours ago and am asleep! But he looked more or less as terrible/cool as I did. We scared an old lady on our way there. We tried to calm her down, but she ran away screaming. Then when we got there nobody else was even in costume! So we just spent the whole night like that in a non-costume night which was supposed to be one. The owners loved us and we got free drinks though, so not all bad.
Also, we got to look like that for a whole night! I had to call in sick the next day though. Still, worth it.
I am asleep now and in bed and not still up. If I wasn't already asleep I would be doing that now, but since I am asleep already I'm not as I'm there already and you never saw this. *

*I may have said that to some or all people on that night too. If I was there or here which I wasn't and aren't.
Astral typing? lol

3 for me, boogie van, (not old enough to drive in the 70's and they were outta style in the 80's, lol) disco dancing, and 8 track. it was all cassete for our times.... 8 track was primitive..lol........ but i did get ( and still have) one of these at a 1971 movie premiere my aunt and uncle took me to.... took a while before it would fit....lol..........

View attachment 39794
Wow! A "Billy Jack (1971)" hat.

Hi Kidz !
Watching Friday Night Smackdown pro wrestling and he having pizza. Ben posted a whole bunch of stuff in that is always a fun read and just puts the cherry on the cake.

Reactions: Selectric
Hi Kidz !
Watching Friday Night Smackdown pro wrestling and he having pizza. Ben posted a whole bunch of stuff in that is always a fun read and just puts the cherry on the cake.
Hiya Paint! Good to read ya. Tried a frozen pizza last night that claimed to be a Chicago Pizza. It was not even close. It was not even close to Pizza! Threw it out. I've never thrown out a pizza before in my life. Hope yours is a good one!

And Benway ...I so love his "work" here. It's stellar level writing...lol Even if he's sleeping.

Last edited:
  • Big Grin
Reactions: Selectric