3-9-2024 Saturday Live Chat

Well done , Debi.
Here is the tale of the tape. In 13 hours we had 2.82 " of rain. Probably the second worst flooding I've seen here in 10 years. The ground was too soggy to absorb all that water.
No real damage anywhere in the neighborhood. Just yards with big giant puddles . And because the grass is dormant there shouldn't be any problems.

The neighborhood is built like a giant bowl with the lake in the middle. Everything just flows down hill. And i'm lucky to be the highest point on my street. However, the lake levels are maintained with 2 lifting stations that sends overflow into a creek that feeds into the Kankakee River.
That creek is overblown. About 2-3 acres turned into a pond. Normally it's a picnic park.

Otherwise, when I spreaded 4 tons of dirt last fall, my low spots held up well. No puddles 2 hrs. after the rain stopped.
Whippee !!!!!

Well done , Debi.
Here is the tale of the tape. In 13 hours we had 2.82 " of rain. Probably the second worst flooding I've seen here in 10 years. The ground was too soggy to absorb all that water.
No real damage anywhere in the neighborhood. Just yards with big giant puddles . And because the grass is dormant there shouldn't be any problems.

The neighborhood is built like a giant bowl with the lake in the middle. Everything just flows down hill. And i'm lucky to be the highest point on my street. However, the lake levels are maintained with 2 lifting stations that sends overflow into a creek that feeds into the Kankakee River.
That creek is overblown. About 2-3 acres turned into a pond. Normally it's a picnic park.

Otherwise, when I spreaded 4 tons of dirt last fall, my low spots held up well. No puddles 2 hrs. after the rain stopped.
Whippee !!!!!
867a8f8eb1436b6c2f4c37ff3020fcc6.jpg

Well done , Debi.

Whippee !!!!!
Dang, Paint! That's a lot of rain. And we've just begun the spring! I'm glad you are on high ground. Here's hoping that goes down quickly for everyone up there.

Congrats.... whens the move date? hope it all goes smooth and easy.
Looking at probably second weekend of May. The two sons from here were already planning a trip down to Florida to see their brother for 4 days the first week of May, so once they return, it's U-haul time. Everything is kind of happening at once right now.

It's been a soaking rain here, last night and all day. I am glad that our street slopes downhill so there is no danger of flooding the basement.

We just bought a house. Offer was accepted and Final signing April 5th. I'm movin'!
So, is it Florida you will be moving to? I can't remember.

Thanks, Garnet! Now I have lists of "things" to do before all this happens. BIG lists. I'm kind of in shock it happened so fast. Need a day or two to pull myself back together before I jump into all the "stuff".
Have you sold your place yet?