3-28-2024 Thursday Live Chat

CA4kXZDnb8dL2WLC.jpeg

Hiya !
Welp, I'm letting the 3 gallon thing of Jambalaya sit in the fridge some more. The garlic or olive oil needs to mellow. Too bitter. A little sour.(Fingers crossed. )
Hope it's not an expensive mistake.
Not the "Jambalaya!" :eyes: :eyes:

Hiya !
Welp, I'm letting the 3 gallon thing of Jambalaya sit in the fridge some more. The garlic or olive oil needs to mellow. Too bitter. A little sour.(Fingers crossed. )
Hope it's not an expensive mistake.
Ohhh, I hope not. Is there a way to balance that out? Surely after all the cooking shows you've watched there must be a tip or two on dealing with that.

Sourness comes from acidic ingredients (including tomatoes, wine and vinegar). If your dish tastes too sour try to add sweetness—think sugar, honey (it's healthy!), cream or even caramelized onions. You can also dilute the dish (same as you would with a dish with too much salt).

Sourness comes from acidic ingredients (including tomatoes, wine and vinegar). If your dish tastes too sour try to add sweetness—think sugar, honey (it's healthy!), cream or even caramelized onions. You can also dilute the dish (same as you would with a dish with too much salt).
Many Italian friends add sugar to their sauces :D

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman