26 August 2015 - Guest Marcus Hutter Joins Art

7Critter

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
MGLT4C.jpg

Marcus-Hutter.jpg

(from artbell.com) Marcus Hutter is a Professor in the RSCS at the Australian National University in Canberra, Australia. He received his PhD and BSc in physics from the LMU in Munich and a Habilitation, MSc, and BSc in informatics from the TU Munich. Since 2000, his research at IDSIA and now ANU is centered on the information-theoretic foundations of inductive reasoning and reinforcement learning, which has resulted in over 100 publications and several awards. His book “Universal Artificial Intelligence”, published in 2005, develops the first sound and complete theory of Artificial Intelligence. He also runs the Human Knowledge Compression Contest offering winners a prize of 50,000 Euros.

Will our Robot Masters keep us around for pets? Could be a good show as the subject area is ripe with studies and experiments as well as real world applications. Even driverless cars have a great deal of A?I built in.

Reactions: surge
From Art Bell:

A very close friend of mine KD7BCW Ben Gardner Died a few moments ago. He is the Man who was Married to Airyn's best friend Micai and who I took to the Philippines. I will miss him so much. He leaves his Wife and Daughter. The cause was Liver Cancer. I truly will miss you buddy.
We were introduced by Carl
KB5FJX yet another Ham who is Married to my Wife's Sister Sharon. Carl and Ben were also friends. I have not slept all night and I am a mess, what a loss of a great Man Husband and Dad.

Reactions: Laura and DoTell
From Art Bell:

A very close friend of mine KD7BCW Ben Gardner Died a few moments ago. He is the Man who was Married to Airyn's best friend Micai and who I took to the Philippines. I will miss him so much. He leaves his Wife and Daughter. The cause was Liver Cancer. I truly will miss you buddy.
We were introduced by Carl
KB5FJX yet another Ham who is Married to my Wife's Sister Sharon. Carl and Ben were also friends. I have not slept all night and I am a mess, what a loss of a great Man Husband and Dad.
Sad to hear

Just in from Art: (Also posted on last night's thread)

Well I think I will try to be there tonight but I am hurting about this. Ben has been a 30 Year friend, it is truly hard.

On another note I spoke to Peter Robbins a couple of times today and we agree it was a bad misunderstanding, while there were questions that concerned a dispute of facts on the second page of his show notes it did not indicate the personal nature of the attacks. It remains my view that the Paranormal community is not served well by this stuff on air no matter who is right and who is wrong. Peter has written a book about all this that was (he said) to be out when we went on air, at air time he said it will be another Week and a half. I did try pretty hard to lead him away from the personal stuff and back to the story and I guess he felt he wanted to get that stuff out. In my opinion if this stuff has to go on it should be in a book or if bad enough, in court but the Paranormal is already on thin ground with the General Public. Anyway we are good with each other.

Art

Reactions: DoTell
man, sad day all around. there was a shooting today too. The world is going to Crap.