2-24-2016 (Wednesday) live Chat

Jad, I am thinking of taking in a rescue Cockatoo, how hard are they to get acclimated to a new care taker? I am under the impression that they bond with the original person quite strongly.

Hmmm...in general they are the most emotionally centered of birds. They do have a very strong bond with their original owner but my first cockatoo 's original
owner had him for 4 years before me and it took about 3 months to bond with him and we truly became one for 24 years. What is the birds' history and what kind and sex of cockatoo?

Actually it isn't necessarily a bond to the original owner -it's more about how much interaction there was with an owner.Often the females tend to be more connected to male owners and male birds to women. Every one of these birds are unique but generally speaking, the Umbrella cockatoos are known as the velcro birds,citrons are the comediennes and so on.

I can't take C2C. I am going to get some continuing education done, and put some resume's out there. See you all later folks.

Hey Eric lets continue the bird talk tmrw.

goodnight tiredness just struck me.