12-24-2017 Christmas Eve Live Chat Thread

My poor daughter has to work through the entire holiday. She has had massive call offs. I’ll be lucky to see her. :confused: She is getting g out of hospital food service as soon as possible.
It will always be that way any holiday at a hospital, Lynne. She needs to get out of that. That's why the pay is so high.

Me too. Something ( one cookie) set off my sugar. I don't feel weird or anything but the number was high this evening.
Stress, excitement, different schedule can also kick your sugar up, hon. Should have seen my grandson's read out this weekend.

It will always be that way any holiday at a hospital, Lynne. She needs to get out of that. That's why the pay is so high.
The upper management doesn’t care. They had the dietision call off! They didn’t call in someone from another unit. They told her to figure it out ! She can’t be responsible for patient services. Omg.

The upper management doesn’t care. They had the dietision call off! They didn’t call in someone from another unit. They told her to figure it out ! She can’t be responsible for patient services. Omg.
No she CAN'T! If the State Board of Health heard that they'd be fined...heavy. Patient safety breach!

Lynne, tell your daughter to keep a log of the call ins and the refusal to bring in a dietition. She needs to CYA. Seriously.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
No she CAN'T! If the State Board of Health heard that they'd be fined...heavy. Patient safety breach!
She finally got someone who can come in and sign off on the trays for a few hours. I don’t know how that’s gonna work. She’s winging it. The only manager on duty for the entire hospital food service. Including patient trays and that’s not her job ! How can these hospital service companies run like that?