ZOMBIE RACCOONS??

jadamz

the Countess
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
http://www.wkbn.com/news/local-news...-raccoons-puzzle-youngstown-police/1094907844

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) - Youngstown police were busy this weekend fighting crime — and raccoons. Several scared homeowners called, saying the animals were in their yards, acting strangely. Police said it didn’t seem like rabies was the cause.

In the past couple of weeks, Youngstown police have responded to over a dozen of these raccoon calls — all of them with reports of the same strange, zombie-like behavior. The majority of the calls happened in the daytime, too, even though raccoons are nocturnal.

distemper-raccoon-youngstown-robert-coggeshall_1522721588252_38904819_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Reading the rest of that story, I have to agree it sounds like distemper. I've had that happen with raccoons around here as well. They can turn viscious and attack. Fended one off with a broom once until the kid got a gun to me. He was determined to take a chunk of me.

distemper-raccoon-youngstown-robert-coggeshall_1522721588252_38904819_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Reading the rest of that story, I have to agree it sounds like distemper. I've had that happen with raccoons around here as well. They can turn viscious and attack. Fended one off with a broom once until the kid got a gun to me. He was determined to take a chunk of me.
Glad you didn’t get hurt! That must have been scary

Nothing that a nice shotgun won't cure:eek::D:cool:

Reactions: Debi
I agree looks like distemper. Very sad disease. I love animals and it’s painful to see something suffering.