YouTube Exodus (Updates)

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
YouTube Exodus Imminent: Don't Broadcast Yourself – Disclose.tv

700_1696daa5eaa0751e8cfdee293271cc9e.jpg

For some time Youtube has been campaigning against offensive video content, demonetizing offending channels and removing thousands of videos deemed unsuitable. Youtube losing content creators over 'ad friendly' policies In recent months, however, this policy seems to have expanded to include content that is deemed not to be advertiser friendly. As a result of hundreds of popular channels, most of which have been running for years, are suddenly being put out of business.

Individuals who have grown their channels from the very first view on their first video are suddenly being shut down. In many cases, these people have also given up their day jobs to produce content full time for Youtube and their channels. Only to now be told without warning that they would no longer be able to make revenue from their content. If the current trend continues monetized channels may become only those with an undeniably huge following, or those with a direct link to products or services which advertisers can promote through the channel.

For full story open link

This is affecting some of the best podcasters out there in the paranormal field. Some of our shows are already hit and in jeopardy and the list is growing.

I see this as a way to control the news by advertisers. Corporations have now taken control of your internet choices by choosing to not advertise or support the shows they deem undesirable. This is scary stuff, people.

Many of the sites I use to gather news are also being hit and may be gone soon as well.

Is there another avenue other than you tube ?

Reactions: Paintman
Bob Bain shared this with me this morning and it might help clear it up for you guys a bit.

Reactions: 7Critter
Is there another source for these shows to be aired besides You tube ?

Is there another source for these shows to be aired besides You tube ?
Not really, not where we could make revenue.
Many of us have a hard decision to make because we left our day jobs for a dream that began paying off.

I have a Patreon.com page and earn all of $29 a month.
My YouTube revenue has gone from a nice four figures per month to what I had been earning back in August 2014...upper mid two figures.