You're so vain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
With apologies to Carly Simon, exactly how vain are you about your appearance? Do you try to hide the gray creeping into your hair, or do you plan to if you're one of those people who haven't yet seen the tell-tale sign of age? Men, if you're balding, do you wear baseball caps in public to cover it up? Ladies, are you trying the latest creams in hopes of staving off those age lines we call wrinkles? Do you get made up and dressed to the nines just to go to the drug store, or are you there in line wearing sweats with your hair pulled back in a ponytail?

I started going gray and losing my hair in my early 30s, and while I do sometimes wear baseball caps, it's not to cover up my baldness. I have colored my beard in the past, but it's been a long time, and more of a lark than an attempt to look younger.

LOL! This is so synchronistic for me that you post this today. Last night, I actually PM'd Nekki in a panic! I'm going to see my 5 yr. old granddaughter in Dec. in her debut in the Nutcracker. Quite the big event as it's a rather large ballet company and it's at a large venue. I own yoga pants and jeans! And I haven't "dressed up" in years! I wore scrubs when I worked and have NO clue of ladies fashion anymore so had to ask my wise friend what to wear.

I am soooo not vain about appearance. Most of the time I could care less. Hygiene...yes. Impressing others at the drug store? Nope. Not a concern at all. I only recently threw some hair dye up there again...more in an attempt to get the grey to behave than change it's color. Grey hair is soooo wiry and difficult to tame. As for make-up, not much. When I was in the work force I wore it. But I'm allergic to most of it out there, so it's kind of a Burt's Bees on the lips and a non allergenic eye liner and I feel maxed out with it.

My hubs went bald starting at 18. My youngest son has had grey in his hair since he was in high school. We just all figure why try to hide who we are? There's enough lack of transparency in the world without us adding to it! :D

Reactions: surge
Talk about interesting looks, what the heck is THIS? Appears the Prez decided to adopt a new power suit at the summit.

suitsplit.jpg

The song goes " I'm so vain... I know this song is about me..."

Me vain... Nope... T shirts Adidas sweats or jeans... Work I wear scrubs... I have one pair of dress pants and 2 shirts I wear like 1 or 2 times a year... Maybe... I have gray multiplying like rabbits... Love me for who I am on the inside or don't let the door hit ya where the good lord splitcha!

Reactions: surge and Debi
Just something that I've seen as a general trend, MOST people involved with the paranormal world are more focused on looking at the world for answers, than at themselves in the mirror. Perhaps we as a group trend towards the "untrendy" and see more value in seeking knowledge and insight. Just my own casual observation over the years.

Reactions: surge
Just something that I've seen as a general trend, MOST people involved with the paranormal world are more focused on looking at the world for answers, than at themselves in the mirror. Perhaps we as a group trend towards the "untrendy" and see more value in seeking knowledge and insight. Just my own casual observation over the years.
I think there may be something to that. I dress for comfort, not for how others might see me. Obviously on those special occasions I do pay more attention to appearance, but an average day at home finds me in shorts and a t-shirt. Shoes in the house? Ha! The grocery store is jeans and probably the same t-shirt I had on at home, but I will put on shoes. :D

Reactions: Debi
I'm barefoot most of the time. Shoes are only for "special" occasions, like going to Walmart and such! lol

I used to be more vain when I was younger. I would NEVER leave the house unless I was in full makeup , even if I was a little dressed down. These days I dress up to go to work and wear sweats on the weekends. Most of my weekends are spent running errands and doing laundry and housework anyway. I even leave the house on the weekends without makeup these days, but don't make it a habit. I wear makeup to go to work, but on the weekends let my skin breath. I feel that the day you look like crap is the day that you will bump into an old boyfriend. :eek:

Reactions: surge and Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.