Your Standby.....

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
You are starving, you pull into a little town that has only a Mom & Pop diner that has clearly seen better days. It's getting late, and the next couple hundred miles look grim.

What's you standby order in such cases? Burger? Omelet?

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
You are starving, you pull into a little town that has only a Mom & Pop diner that has clearly seen better days. It's getting late, and the next couple hundred miles look grim.

What's you standby order in such cases? Burger? Omelet?
I’m going with chili...

Not even! Burger I think. I’d like to say tuna melt but something sounds “fishy” about that choice.

I've been in this situation a number of times over the years. I don't even look at a menu....turkey and cheese with a little mustard on wheat toast, bag of chips, and a bottle of water/diet cola. I used to get mayo, but Mrs Duke put me off that with stories about how mayonnaise goes bad.

When we were on the road, I always went with a burger and fries. Seemed the safest option! I got a bit tired of them after awhile.

I once varied from that and boy, was I sick. I chose a "featured" item on the menu. I can't even tell you what it was now but OMG! Two days of regret.