Your most vivid dream: THE DREAM THREAD

Well, let us call this thread a synchronistic event for me. I struggled all day yesterday trying to decide if I was actually visited during a dream Tuesday night or it was just my body trying to wake me the hell up. And then...I saw this thread pop up. So let me share what happened Tuesday night.

Had a bad pain day on Tuesday due to weather, and when I fell asleep about 3, I was exhausted, so of course I needed to get up and go to the bathroom about 4! lol Came back to bed and went right back to sleep. And then came the visit/dream.

My mom came and kept telling me to get up! She kept pointing at a sign that had orange letters on a black background. Looked like this is the dream:

E
K
G

The letters kept flashing, and I kept telling her NO! I wanna sleep! Next thing I know I feel like someone shook the bed and I sit up gasping for air with only 75% oxygen level and with a heart rate over 126. Took me a second or two to figure out I wasn't getting any oxygen through my tubing. Looking at my connections, I found I had accidentally disconnected one of the connectors from the cannula to the tubing. Probably stepped on it as I got back in bed after the bathroom trip! Which happened to be about a half hour earlier.

Had I not gotten up, I would have landed in respiratory arrest or I could have had a heart attack.

Did my subconscious wake me? Or did Mom's EKG flashing orange neon sign and a bed shake do it? Either way, from now on, I shall be checking connections before going back to sleep in the middle of the night.
That is quite some save on the part of your Mom.
Your Mom probably wanted to send the message “O2” but couldn’t find the superscript font.
I hope your Wednesday was a comfortable day Debi.

Selectric, I venture to say that the black dog represents your friend. Often, when people dream of dogs, they are symbols of loyalty and friendship. When the dog is black and threatens, it stands for your old relationship with your friend. The dog is showing unwillingness to trust or be friends, which may stand for how your and/or your friend really feels deep inside.
Not really sure. My friend was only there in background for a few seconds and when i saw him didn't feel any negative thoughts. It was almost like us being somewhere together and he was just in other room probably talking to someone else while i was in kitchen talking to other person.

Had an odd paranormal dream last night. It was a typical marathon dream mixed with working at someones house and an unexpected cameo from someone i haven't seen since high school. The paranormal aspect was brief and not scary. I actually laughed as each time i tried to enter a bedroom, the doors would close before i reached them. So whatever it was more trickster than haunting.

Had an odd paranormal dream last night. It was a typical marathon dream mixed with working at someones house and an unexpected cameo from someone i haven't seen since high school. The paranormal aspect was brief and not scary. I actually laughed as each time i tried to enter a bedroom, the doors would close before i reached them. So whatever it was more trickster than haunting.
Two interesting dreams. In the dog dream you described the black dog as groaning, did you mean growling? Groaning doesn't depict aggression and could give a different take on the meeting. Your friend may have been there as protection.

Reactions: Selectric
Two interesting dreams. In the dog dream you described the black dog as groaning, did you mean growling? Groaning doesn't depict aggression and could give a different take on the meeting. Your friend may have been there as protection.
No it was groaning. Definitely not growling. Just odd that it kept forcing itself closer to me while doing so. My friend was only present in dream for less than a minute in the background.

Last edited:
This dream isn't so much vivid as it is recurring.

I will find myself driving/walking in a neighborhood, which can be well kept or really run down, that I have never been in before. I will come to a stop at a house. This house can be brand new or an older build, it can be one to several floors tall, but how it appears on the outside isn't what matters. It's when I go inside that the house becomes the same as all the other dreams. Sometimes, though rarely, I won't find myself in the recurring dream until I start to move from the main floor to another.

I already know that this dwelling is VAST with many floors and mostly run down, dusty, like a forgotten attic. There are no hallways, just room after connect room, with random staircases throughout. I will wander through the house with these facts in my head. One - as I go up the floors will become increasingly unstable/dangerous to tread on. Two - there are valuable things in some of those upper floors. I feel that I am driven to investigate and discover, but then this last fact comes into play.

There is a very old woman that claims this house and she is not friendly. She is almost always dressed in Victorian era clothing and always black. Her hair is white and always put up in a tight bun. I also know that if I use the staircases, which I have to, I will become vulnerable to her attention/attacks. This knowledge keeps me in a constant state of gut wrenching anxiety, but I can't honestly say that these dreams are nightmares because they don't FEEL like nightmares.

The woman has never caught me, but I have had near misses and seen her at distance. Sometimes, there are one to two other people with me, but I'm never sure who they are and we aren't necessarily together as a group. I have had this dream many times, all in this latter half of my life. When I was younger I never had this dream, that I can remember.

I do wish that I knew what it all meant. WHAT exactly am I looking for? WHO is this woman?

When I was younger I always had dreams of flying. I would take 2-3 steps and just rise into the air. I could do this inside as well as outside. Sometimes I had control over where I was going, others I was just carried by the wind. There were times when I was worried that I would fly too high and I would suddenly start falling. In some dreams I couldn't get off the ground no matter how hard I tried. The ones where I could just think and rise were the best. I always felt like something ethereal gliding over the heads of people on the ground. I still have these, but on rarer occasions.

I've had recurring dreams of two houses. One was the house i grew up in and the other was an abandoned house that always kept our interest. Both houses is where i would encounter 'my friend', or at least know it's presence. Sometimes the scenery changes, but once inside i know where and which house i was in. Always starts out fine then at some point, i knew 'it' was there, then the dream turns to fear and panic, then the sound. The abandoned house was similar with multiple rooms and stairwells, far larger than the actual house is, despite being three story. It was usually after wandering the empty house i find myself in an unfinished attic area and that was always when the presence came. I remember one dream where i was standing outside looking at the house, though it was lit up and lived in. It was not the house, it seemed more like the one across the road, but the second i realized where i was, i was now inside and i think only the one time it was 'new', but empty. They recurred for a long time and am thankful i do not have them anymore.

This dream isn't so much vivid as it is recurring.

I will find myself driving/walking in a neighborhood, which can be well kept or really run down, that I have never been in before. I will come to a stop at a house. This house can be brand new or an older build, it can be one to several floors tall, but how it appears on the outside isn't what matters. It's when I go inside that the house becomes the same as all the other dreams. Sometimes, though rarely, I won't find myself in the recurring dream until I start to move from the main floor to another.

I already know that this dwelling is VAST with many floors and mostly run down, dusty, like a forgotten attic. There are no hallways, just room after connect room, with random staircases throughout. I will wander through the house with these facts in my head. One - as I go up the floors will become increasingly unstable/dangerous to tread on. Two - there are valuable things in some of those upper floors. I feel that I am driven to investigate and discover, but then this last fact comes into play.

There is a very old woman that claims this house and she is not friendly. She is almost always dressed in Victorian era clothing and always black. Her hair is white and always put up in a tight bun. I also know that if I use the staircases, which I have to, I will become vulnerable to her attention/attacks. This knowledge keeps me in a constant state of gut wrenching anxiety, but I can't honestly say that these dreams are nightmares because they don't FEEL like nightmares.

The woman has never caught me, but I have had near misses and seen her at distance. Sometimes, there are one to two other people with me, but I'm never sure who they are and we aren't necessarily together as a group. I have had this dream many times, all in this latter half of my life. When I was younger I never had this dream, that I can remember.

I do wish that I knew what it all meant. WHAT exactly am I looking for? WHO is this woman?

When I was younger I always had dreams of flying. I would take 2-3 steps and just rise into the air. I could do this inside as well as outside. Sometimes I had control over where I was going, others I was just carried by the wind. There were times when I was worried that I would fly too high and I would suddenly start falling. In some dreams I couldn't get off the ground no matter how hard I tried. The ones where I could just think and rise were the best. I always felt like something ethereal gliding over the heads of people on the ground. I still have these, but on rarer occasions.
This is an interesting recuring dream. I have had a similar one over the years, of visiting a house I know is mine but isn't in this life. I have often wondered if it is from a past life. Dreams are so personal that only you can make the connections to what's going on in your life at the time. It maybe you are visiting a place somewhere in your spirit body. The flying might actually be Astro traveling. Those dreams I find fun, and they don't happen often enough.

Reactions: Selectric
There is a very old woman that claims this house and she is not friendly.
Could very well be you entered a space that belongs to (or was created ) by her. Some dreams seem to take us into places or perhaps better term, realms, that for some reason beyond our normal explanation, allows us entry. I've had similar with a friend that passed away just over a year ago, also not being very happy i was 'there'. Not sure who the woman could be, perhaps someone from a past life? Either way, you or she is drawn to the other for a reason or purpose.

I had many dreams about ghosts or ghost. I dont remember very detailed but I have feeling that I always see the same ghost.

The ghost is like women or girl in white or grey dress and with black hair and can’t see face.
I’m usaly be chased be her. And I can’t do nothing just try run away or hide but feeling is like it will never end. I had bad dreams but this ghost dreams is very different. I kinda understand that is bad dream but it’s very weird. I had many bad dreams where I die and some monsters killing me but i am not afraid like in this ghost dream.
The crazy part is that when i wake up from this dream i fill so tired like my all energy is gone and I don’t feel good. Probably because it wasn’t good sleep but still it’s weird.

Myb this is some sign or smth? When I will see agen I will tell more details

Reactions: Debi and Selectric