Your most vivid dream: THE DREAM THREAD

This wasn't exactly a dream, but around 3:00 am yesterday morning, I turned over in bed and thought I saw a black dog lying next to my husband. I could see the tips of his ears and the curve of his tail. It frightened me but I just turned my back on it and tried to resume sleeping, telling myself that the blanket was arranged in such a way that I was seeing things that were not there. Today when I mentioned it to John, we both realized that this day was the anniversary of the day, 12 years ago, when he had put down his dog that he'd had for fourteen years. His dog was black, with a little white patch of fur on his chest. The dog that I "saw" was lying on hubby's bed and that, with the date, convinces me that his dog came to say hello.

Years ago, I had a dream where I was in someone's home. Not sure if it was a friend's or family member's home. There was a floor lamp, which was plugged in and lit.

Then a sort of cartoon-looking hand appeared, with an outstretched index finger like in old-timey signs, not scary at all. The finger was pointing down under a table where the lamp was plugged in. I followed the pointing finger to the plug, and I realized it was sparking where it was plugged in to the outlet. (I used to be an appliance repair tech.) I actually said out loud, "Oh, it's arcing!"

So for the next year, every time I went into a friend's or family member's home, I surreptitiously checked all the lamps, and where they were plugged in. At my mom's house, I did find a lamp that was sparking, but it was at the socket, not the plug. I'm not sure if that was the one I was supposed to find or not.

Last edited:
I've had a dream of a shapeshifter who's means of survival was to assimilate people, through which it would take on their appearance. It did this to avoid needing to show its true form. It had to do this constantly, like eating, because the disguise would wear off in a rather grotesque, contorting and needless to say, inhuman manner.

This is how it faced me. I could only see its grinning, twisted face in the dark, and then... well, it just walked into me. Suddenly, I was it, and it was I, and I had no longer control of my body. No pain, no violence, no gore, nothing. It just walked into and through me and blink, we're changed.

It was at this moment that I've come to know what it was like being part of a hivemind. It was nothing like western media portrays it at all. It wasn't the zombification of a person, a vessel to be driven from then on by a nihilistic taskmaster at the center of the hive. What it was, was an adjustment of personality that felt entirely natural. While your body is now a different one, your consciousness still exists the same as it has before, along with the consciousness of everyone else that was assimilated. Your priorities adjust accordingly, different body, different needs, and since you're no longer human, human morals no longer apply to you anymore, and you find yourself rooting for the driver of the organism because it not assimilating more people will mean your death as well now. In fact, the dream ended with me seeing the shapeshifter's next victim on a train and we couldn't wait to welcome her.

This entire sensation of being part of a bigger organism is utterly indescribable, it's not something a human in his waking life will ever experience. I felt known and understood as deeply as never before, and in turn I understood and knew the entire organism and its consciousnesses. Our personalities remained fully intact, everybody's individuality contributed to our collective survival ironically.

Being part of a hivemind sounds like a nightmare to most people, it's a more radical form of ego-loss, but as I was dreaming, it didn't feel scary at all. In fact, once I was assimilated, I felt better than never before. Still to this day I'm grateful to have had this dream because of the very unique things it made me feel.

This wasn't exactly a dream, but around 3:00 am yesterday morning, I turned over in bed and thought I saw a black dog lying next to my husband. I could see the tips of his ears and the curve of his tail. It frightened me but I just turned my back on it and tried to resume sleeping, telling myself that the blanket was arranged in such a way that I was seeing things that were not there. Today when I mentioned it to John, we both realized that this day was the anniversary of the day, 12 years ago, when he had put down his dog that he'd had for fourteen years. His dog was black, with a little white patch of fur on his chest. The dog that I "saw" was lying on hubby's bed and that, with the date, convinces me that his dog came to say hello.
Great confirmation !

I've had a dream of a shapeshifter who's means of survival was to assimilate people, through which it would take on their appearance. It did this to avoid needing to show its true form. It had to do this constantly, like eating, because the disguise would wear off in a rather grotesque, contorting and needless to say, inhuman manner.

This is how it faced me. I could only see its grinning, twisted face in the dark, and then... well, it just walked into me. Suddenly, I was it, and it was I, and I had no longer control of my body. No pain, no violence, no gore, nothing. It just walked into and through me and blink, we're changed.

It was at this moment that I've come to know what it was like being part of a hivemind. It was nothing like western media portrays it at all. It wasn't the zombification of a person, a vessel to be driven from then on by a nihilistic taskmaster at the center of the hive. What it was, was an adjustment of personality that felt entirely natural. While your body is now a different one, your consciousness still exists the same as it has before, along with the consciousness of everyone else that was assimilated. Your priorities adjust accordingly, different body, different needs, and since you're no longer human, human morals no longer apply to you anymore, and you find yourself rooting for the driver of the organism because it not assimilating more people will mean your death as well now. In fact, the dream ended with me seeing the shapeshifter's next victim on a train and we couldn't wait to welcome her.

This entire sensation of being part of a bigger organism is utterly indescribable, it's not something a human in his waking life will ever experience. I felt known and understood as deeply as never before, and in turn I understood and knew the entire organism and its consciousnesses. Our personalities remained fully intact, everybody's individuality contributed to our collective survival ironically.

Being part of a hivemind sounds like a nightmare to most people, it's a more radical form of ego-loss, but as I was dreaming, it didn't feel scary at all. In fact, once I was assimilated, I felt better than never before. Still to this day I'm grateful to have had this dream because of the very unique things it made me feel.
That’s a huge experience. I must admit it sounded scary to me. I would not want that. I hope it was only a dream.

That’s a huge experience. I must admit it sounded scary to me. I would not want that. I hope it was only a dream.
Yeah dreams can put perception upside down, it was odd how there was no sense of danger to speak of, but I'm certain that were this to happen to awake me right now I'd be scared out of my mind as well.

Several years ago I was napping and had a dream it was the same day and I was napping in my dream. Loud knocks on the front door woke me in my dream and when I answered it was my best friend who was saying horrible things to me. As soon as I got upset I was suddenly back in my bed napping and the entire thing repeated. I knew I must be asleep but after the dream kept going through this same cycle several times my mind was questioning whether I was awake. Then, my dead dog Sarah was in the next repeat and I figured she was like a touchstone letting me know I was in a dream.

This thing repeated itself about a dozen times before I was able to pull myself awake. I was so disturbed because my friend and I had been friends for over 20 years without ever a harsh word. I was so disturbed it took me a week to tell her and she said she’d never do that to me.

Well, two weeks later she went absolutely crazy on me out of the blue and said things that broke my heart at the time. I believe someone on the Other Side had warned me in that repeating dream so I was prepared. It hurt but not as much as it would have without going through the dream. I think my dog showed up to let me know things would be OK.

I’m not sure it was a dream but more like a forewarning from spirit.

I had two quick strange dreams this morning. First one i think i just woke up in the woods in middle of night. I guess my 'eyes' were adjusted as i looked around seeing some trees laying on the ground and deep dark woods surrounding me. It was totally silent and for a few seconds i had unease, then thought well, if Bigfoot were to show up now...figures lol. The second was me, my sister and niece in some town meeting up with people...no clue who. I am not sure about me, but my sister and niece were same age (teens) which was strange. We ended up in some large house where people were playing hide and seek. My sister seemed to be the only one who was doing the seeking. I just kind of followed behind her until i guess it was my turn. No idea where my niece went either. Hiding i guess. Alarm went off and woke up lol. Strange stuff.

i have a VERY vivid dream life but I think the ONE that stands out the most was yeaaaars ago. Best way to describe is to compare to Inception and Dr Strange films with the buildings, but yet mine took place (buildings) ‘above the clouds’ And before either film ever was made.
2nd impactful was helping my grandma reach a higher plain of (spiritual) existence ( also above the clouds).
3rd was helping my brother to pass from purgatory into the light and find peace.

Several years ago I was napping and had a dream it was the same day and I was napping in my dream. Loud knocks on the front door woke me in my dream and when I answered it was my best friend who was saying horrible things to me. As soon as I got upset I was suddenly back in my bed napping and the entire thing repeated. I knew I must be asleep but after the dream kept going through this same cycle several times my mind was questioning whether I was awake. Then, my dead dog Sarah was in the next repeat and I figured she was like a touchstone letting me know I was in a dream.

This thing repeated itself about a dozen times before I was able to pull myself awake. I was so disturbed because my friend and I had been friends for over 20 years without ever a harsh word. I was so disturbed it took me a week to tell her and she said she’d never do that to me.

Well, two weeks later she went absolutely crazy on me out of the blue and said things that broke my heart at the time. I believe someone on the Other Side had warned me in that repeating dream so I was prepared. It hurt but not as much as it would have without going through the dream. I think my dog showed up to let me know things would be OK.

I’m not sure it was a dream but more like a forewarning from spirit.
Wow! Thanks for sharing that. I think your take on that is the answer. Did you make peace with each other or was that the end of the friendship ?

Reactions: Selectric