Your most vivid dream: THE DREAM THREAD

Well, let us call this thread a synchronistic event for me. I struggled all day yesterday trying to decide if I was actually visited during a dream Tuesday night or it was just my body trying to wake me the hell up. And then...I saw this thread pop up. So let me share what happened Tuesday night.

Had a bad pain day on Tuesday due to weather, and when I fell asleep about 3, I was exhausted, so of course I needed to get up and go to the bathroom about 4! lol Came back to bed and went right back to sleep. And then came the visit/dream.

My mom came and kept telling me to get up! She kept pointing at a sign that had orange letters on a black background. Looked like this is the dream:

E
K
G

The letters kept flashing, and I kept telling her NO! I wanna sleep! Next thing I know I feel like someone shook the bed and I sit up gasping for air with only 75% oxygen level and with a heart rate over 126. Took me a second or two to figure out I wasn't getting any oxygen through my tubing. Looking at my connections, I found I had accidentally disconnected one of the connectors from the cannula to the tubing. Probably stepped on it as I got back in bed after the bathroom trip! Which happened to be about a half hour earlier.

Had I not gotten up, I would have landed in respiratory arrest or I could have had a heart attack.

Did my subconscious wake me? Or did Mom's EKG flashing orange neon sign and a bed shake do it? Either way, from now on, I shall be checking connections before going back to sleep in the middle of the night.
Definately sounds like mom was looking out for you Debi :) Glad you ok.

I shared this dream before, but it was about my mother, a year or two after she passed. I had not been able to be at her deathbed, but my three younger siblings were. So I felt badly about not getting a chance to say good-bye.

In the dream I was entering a cathedral. My mother was a devout Catholic in life and it didn't surprise me that the dream should take place there. I walked down the aisle and saw my mother sitting in one of the pews. Overjoyed, I came to sit next to her and she turned to me and smiled. There was such a look of joy in her eyes, and she looked about thirty years old. She held me tightly but did not speak, and I felt such love from her. In life we had often been at odds, and like most children I had often doubted her love. But at that moment I felt healed of all the anger, animosity and resentments. I woke nearly weeping with joy, and have been at peace with her passing every since.
This is an amazing and wonderful dream, Garnet - I'm so pleased this happened to you.

Well, let us call this thread a synchronistic event for me. I struggled all day yesterday trying to decide if I was actually visited during a dream Tuesday night or it was just my body trying to wake me the hell up. And then...I saw this thread pop up. So let me share what happened Tuesday night.

Had a bad pain day on Tuesday due to weather, and when I fell asleep about 3, I was exhausted, so of course I needed to get up and go to the bathroom about 4! lol Came back to bed and went right back to sleep. And then came the visit/dream.

My mom came and kept telling me to get up! She kept pointing at a sign that had orange letters on a black background. Looked like this is the dream:

E
K
G

The letters kept flashing, and I kept telling her NO! I wanna sleep! Next thing I know I feel like someone shook the bed and I sit up gasping for air with only 75% oxygen level and with a heart rate over 126. Took me a second or two to figure out I wasn't getting any oxygen through my tubing. Looking at my connections, I found I had accidentally disconnected one of the connectors from the cannula to the tubing. Probably stepped on it as I got back in bed after the bathroom trip! Which happened to be about a half hour earlier.

Had I not gotten up, I would have landed in respiratory arrest or I could have had a heart attack.

Did my subconscious wake me? Or did Mom's EKG flashing orange neon sign and a bed shake do it? Either way, from now on, I shall be checking connections before going back to sleep in the middle of the night.
That's amazing, Debi! Your Mum rescued you and that sign with EKG on it - wow!

When I was quite young I had a dream that is the most beautiful dream I've ever had in my life, and I've never forgotten it.

I was standing on the cliffs on the south coast of England at night, looking out to sea. The ground was grassy, the cliffs chalky white and the sky aflame with the Northern Lights (which I know you can't see from where I was in the dream, but hey, that's the beauty of dreams!).

As if that wasn't stunning enough, I became aware that a beautiful unicorn was standing right next to me. Bliss...

When I was quite young I had a dream that is the most beautiful dream I've ever had in my life, and I've never forgotten it.

I was standing on the cliffs on the south coast of England at night, looking out to sea. The ground was grassy, the cliffs chalky white and the sky aflame with the Northern Lights (which I know you can't see from where I was in the dream, but hey, that's the beauty of dreams!).

As if that wasn't stunning enough, I became aware that a beautiful unicorn was standing right next to me. Bliss...
Very soothing dream for sure Rose. Always wanted to witness the Northern Lights in person or dream, doesn't matter which lol. Just sounds like you were at complete peace when you had that dream :)

By contrast, the worst dream I've ever had in my life went as follows:

I was in a multi-storey car park, but on foot. I was going up the levels via one of those spiral sections and, as the next level was just coming into view I could see an horrific accident about to happen. I stood there, helplessly watching as it unfolded. There was nothing I could do to stop it - I felt powerless. It was a very bloody and violent accident that ended in someone's death (no one I knew).

The dream was so distressing that it woke me up. I got up, went to the bathroom and went back to bed, relieved to realise it was just a dream. Unfortunately, I was not out of the woods yet...

I went back to sleep only to find myself back in the same multi-storey car park, ascending the same spiral staircase, but this time, with the full knowledge of what was about to happen. I shouted and screamed to let the people know they were about to have a terrible accident, but they were not listening to me. The more I shouted and waved at them, the more they ignored me. Again, I found myself powerless as the very same events unfolded in front of my eyes.

When I finally woke up the next day, exhausted from my traumatic night, I realised why it had happened. I had been prescribed valium for my migraines and I had allowed my supply to run out without ordering more. Apparently going cold turkey on valium causes your brain to do some very strange things!

I used to have a recurring dream that always made a huge impression on me. It was slightly different each time, but the gist was the same.

I would be in a forest (usually) and a large predatory animal would appear. This was at different times a lion, a wolf, a bear or a seal (I know, the seal is a bit random!).

The point was that the animal would hold no fear for me. Instead, it would talk to me and impart great wisdom. I always felt very protected and safe. It was almost as if the lion was akin to Aslan. Unfortunately, I could never remember what the "great wisdom" was when I woke up!

These dreams always used to leave me feeling very warm and fuzzy for several days after. I looked forward to having them. Sadly, I don't seem to have them any more.

By contrast, the worst dream I've ever had in my life went as follows:

I was in a multi-storey car park, but on foot. I was going up the levels via one of those spiral sections and, as the next level was just coming into view I could see an horrific accident about to happen. I stood there, helplessly watching as it unfolded. There was nothing I could do to stop it - I felt powerless. It was a very bloody and violent accident that ended in someone's death (no one I knew).

The dream was so distressing that it woke me up. I got up, went to the bathroom and went back to bed, relieved to realise it was just a dream. Unfortunately, I was not out of the woods yet...

I went back to sleep only to find myself back in the same multi-storey car park, ascending the same spiral staircase, but this time, with the full knowledge of what was about to happen. I shouted and screamed to let the people know they were about to have a terrible accident, but they were not listening to me. The more I shouted and waved at them, the more they ignored me. Again, I found myself powerless as the very same events unfolded in front of my eyes.

When I finally woke up the next day, exhausted from my traumatic night, I realised why it had happened. I had been prescribed valium for my migraines and I had allowed my supply to run out without ordering more. Apparently going cold turkey on valium causes your brain to do some very strange things!
Wasn't it you who told about a dream with Nazis trying to steal your cheese, and Harry Potter stopping them?

• Haha
Reactions: Selectric