Your Look

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
Back in the day, high school/college, what was your look? Hippy? Grunge? Goth? Yuppie?

Reactions: Paintman
I was the hippie witch. Two styles! I was either full out hippie with bell bottom jeans and a tshirt, or the very Goth kind of look waaay before it was called Goth! Think Stevie Nicks flowing in black with crystals. I was all out rebel...lol As I mentioned on a chat thread, this drove my very traditional mom nuts. When she protested an outfit, I learned to be quite the quick change artist in the car. :D She never knew half of what I was wearing out in the world.

That was the very late 70’s Duke. My Mom worked at a Naval Exchange - essentially a small, on-base department store for military personnel and their families. My Mom worked in the uniform shop which sold military wear; the uniform shop also sold casual clothing tax-free. So my Mom bought a lot of my clothing there.

So most days I went to school dressed like a 20-something sailor who was looking for a hook-up - Angel Flight polyester slacks and flashy shirts. I was well coiffed looking ready for dancing at the discos!

That was the very late 70’s Duke. My Mom worked at a Naval Exchange - essentially a small, on-base department store for military personnel and their families. My Mom worked in the uniform shop which sold military wear; the uniform shop also sold casual clothing tax-free. So my Mom bought a lot of my clothing there.

So most days I went to school dressed like a 20-something sailor who was looking for a hook-up - Angel Flight polyester slacks and flashy shirts. I was well coiffed looking ready for dancing at the discos!
So, my purple cloak over the long black dress with the bangles at the wrists would have clashed a bit....lol

Reactions: Lynne
Jeans and tshirts every day. In college, I bore a striking resemblance to then popular professional wrestler Pampero Flirpo, shown below. We were the same height, and back then I did a lot of weightlifting so we had a similar build. My hair was as wavy and longer than what's shown below, but my beard was shorter.
downloadfile.jpg

So, my purple cloak over the long black dress with the bangles at the wrists would have clashed a bit....lol
No not at all. It would have looked great with my black slacks and the gold threads running vertically though my shirt. Though maybe my billow gauze shirt with the shoelace closure at the chest/neck would have been more mystical looking of course.

I think I would like your mom, practical and fun.