Your Good Luck Charm

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
DO YOU HAVE A GOOD LUCK CHARM? SOMETHING YOU FEEL IS LUCKY TO YOU? LUCKY SHIRT? LUCKY SHOES? WHATCHA GOT? (Thanks to 7Christie for today's question!)

Capture+_2019-06-21-18-42-25 (Small).png

I have my Rose Wood Rosary from my nun friend and a St. Ben's medal as well. The rosary goes were I go no matter what. It hangs on my bed until I leave the building, then it resides in my purse when I'm out and about. The St. Ben's medal is in my house. I've had the rosary since 1981. I recently received two other items from a friend that have become part of my arsenal against darkness that stay close by as well.

I don't have a good luck charm but when I was born when my mum got home from the hospital an elderly neighbour put an old cheap, nickel coated napkin ring into my pram, my mother didn't seem too impressed by this or the old lady but no surprise there. She let me play with it as I grew older and I can remember being able to use it as a sort of bracelet.

I still have it 58 years later the only item I have managed to hold onto for the whole of my life. Not a lucky charm just a connection to earlier times.

Always got paracord on me and started carrying a St. Benedict medallion.
View attachment 19254
Charleh, I carry a Saint Benedict Chaplet. Look up his biography. He wasn't all about slaying demons. He developed a monastery that became the model for the modern University system.
Now I'm not going to go so far as to call it a lucky charm, but it does help keep me focused when prayer is needed and my mind is racing.
Now my idea of a lucky charm is transient in nature. I hit my tee shot out-of-bounds and don't find my ball. When I go look for it I pick up $30 worth of lost balls.:)*
Those lost balls can never be lost again. By the sheer sake of me rescuing a ball , Cosmic forces in the universe will allow that ball to stay in play.:)
Right now it's a premium Callaway like Phil Mickelson plays. #3. That is my Talisman right now.
When I lose that one, it will be replaced by a premium ball found in the woods....the pond, the creek or in the tall grass.
*Golf balls are stupid. Only really good golfers and really bad golfers play with premium $ balls.

I guess I should pop back on here and say that I carry my items not for luck, but for focus and protection. Got to thinking that "luck" actually has nothing to do with it after reading Paint's post. :)

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
I keep finding four leaf clovers so I keep one of them in my wallet. I must have over 40 of them by now pressed in various books. Plus five and six leaf ones too.

Strange thing is once I find one - I usually find another within 30 seconds of the first if I keep looking. Now is it the fact I am holding the first that makes me lucky enough to find the next one? ;)

Reactions: Paintman