Your funniest....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
It's the weekend! Let's have a few laughs! Give me your funniest animal/pets stories! Ever been chased by a raccoon? Had your cat bring you a live mouse and dump it in bed with you? Had your dog eat a couch? I have! Share with me your stories! Wildlife or domestic! (Squirrels included, Mokey!)

funny-animal-pictures-of-the-week-024-001 (Small).jpg

Reactions: Paintman
One time I had this really aggressive stray dog coming toward me. And as always, I make myself look big and just shout in a really deep voice. But this damn dog slows down and then starts running towards me like it wants to play.

Make up your mind dog!

Another one is lots of times when I’m outside to smoke a pipe (tobacco don’t worry), I have stray cats show up and they’re either looking for food or affection. But sometimes I start rambling to them whatever’s on my mind and they actually look at me as if they’re listening! I guess that makes me the cat whisperer. Or the cat rambler :D

Here's one from yesterday. Hank Aaron likes Dum Dums and Double Bubble. He doesn't eat the candy, just likes to play with it. So I come home and put my gym bag down. There's a half a dozen dum-dums in there. (Those are those little suckers.) The son of a gun goes into my gym bag, rummages around, finds one, and proceeds to amuse himself for the next 20 minutes. Meanwhile I'm singing the Candyman song to him.:)
The double bubble is a useful toy for him to. He throws the gum up in the air in swats at it like he's serving a tennis ball. And then he chases it, and serves it again.:p If she sticks with gum tennis, I'm going to go buy him a headband and little wristbands.

In the mid-to-late 80s, I lived with two other guys. We adopted a German Shepard puppy from a rescue shelter - we named her Vixen. Vixen was way too smart for her own good; she was especially good at problem solving and even turning things into tools. I might post other antics, but let me offer up the following at least.

Let me post a photo of the kind of fencing that surrounded our home before I go further. It’s solid wood boards with the typical 2”x4” rails at the very top and bottom. The boards are 5’ tall but raised a few inches off the ground so the fence is closer to 5.5’ tall.

474BF406-1230-4846-97A9-04E19ABE6C64.jpeg

One night - very dark for certain but with a nearly full moon - we let Vixen out into the backyard because she was scratching at the sliding glass door. Some minutes later, we heard scratching at the front door. This house had a full height side light window (about 6” wide) to one side of the front door. I peeked through the side light window and saw Vixen sitting on the front door step. So I let her in and then went to the side of the house to see if one of us left the gate open. Nope, the fence gate was closed and locked.

I joined my roommates in our very early version of a man-cave and told them what happened. One of them suggested that maybe Vixen had dug a hole under the fence. So I went out and confirmed that was not the case.

Shortly later, Vixen scratched at the back door again, so one of us let her out. And, again she ends up “knocking” at the front door to be let back in. This happened again for a third time the same night. Since it was getting late, we were growing anxious to learn what was happening.

So we let her out into the backyard again. We only had one small wattage light on the back of the house so the yard on either side of the house can be very dark especially the one side we shared with our neighbor. So this time I followed Vixen out into the backyard while one of my roommates exited the front door and circled around to the other side of the fence.

Then I see Vixen stretch up on her hind legs, using her front claws she hooks on to the top fence rail, then using her back claws she climbs up the vertical fence board. She wasn’t paying any attention to me standing a few feet behind her in the backyard. But once she got half way over, she saw my roommate staring at her on the other side of the fence. So she finished clawing her way up the fence board, pulled her back legs up, and balanced on the top rail with all four paws huddled together in just a few square inches. She was clearly trying to make a decision about her next move while she balanced there.

Besides taking in the whole of the event, one of the things that I remember best about that moment was her silhouette. The moon was shining down from the front of the house. So Vixen was only a black shadow from where I stood. With her paws gathered up under her, her hind legs - her knees - stuck up and out to the sides. I remember thinking that with her legs in that position, and her big ole head and ears, that it looked like Batman was staring back at me from the other side of the fence.

So that night we learned that we could no longer leave Vixen alone in the backyard. And we wondered how many times she might have done that while we were at work. We did learn months later from a neighbor down the block that she had in fact seen Vixen roaming the streets some days. But the one time she tried to approach Vixen, Vixen just ran back home and climbed back over the fence again.

Last edited:
In the mid-to-late 80s, I lived with two other guys. We adopted a German Shepard puppy from a rescue shelter - we named her Vixen. Vixen was way too smart for her own good; she was especially good at problem solving and even turning things into tools. I might post other antics, but let me offer up the following at least.

Let me post a photo of the kind of fencing that surrounded our home before I go further. It’s solid wood boards with the typical 2”x4” rails at the very top and bottom. The boards are 5’ tall but raised a few inches off the ground so the fence is closer to 5.5’ tall.

View attachment 13432

One night - very dark for certain but with a nearly full moon - we let Vixen out into the backyard because she was scratching at the sliding glass door. Some minutes later, we heard scratching at the front door. This house had a full height side light window (about 6” wide) to one side of the front door. I peeked through the side light window and saw Vixen sitting on the front door step. So I let her in and then went to the side of the house to see if one of us left the gate open. Nope, the fence gate was closed and locked.

I joined my roommates in our very early version of a man-cave and told them what happened. One of them suggested that maybe Vixen had dug a hole under the fence. So I went out and confirmed that was not the case.

Shortly later, Vixen scratched at the back door again, so one of us let her out. And, again she ends up “knocking” at the front door to be let back in. This happened again for a third time the same night. Since it was getting late, we were growing anxious to learn what was happening.

So we let her out into the backyard again. We only had one small wattage light on the back of the house so the yard on either side of the house can be very dark especially the one side we shared with our neighbor. So this time I followed Vixen out into the backyard while one of my roommates exited the front door and circled around to the other side of the fence.

Then I see Vixen stretch up on her hind legs, using her front claws she hooks on to the top fence rail, then using her back claws she climbs up the vertical fence board. She wasn’t paying any attention to me standing a few feet behind her in the backyard. But once she got half way over, she saw my roommate staring at her on the other side of the fence. So she finished clawing her way up the fence board, pulled her back legs up, and balanced on the top rail with all four paws huddled together in just a few square inches. She was clearly trying to make a decision about her next move while she balanced there.

Besides taking in the whole of the event, one of the things that I remember best about that moment was her silhouette. The moon was shining down from the front of the house. So Vixen was only a black shadow from where I stood. With her paws gathered up under her, her hind legs - her knees - stuck up and out to the sides. I remember thinking that with her legs in that position, and her big ole head and ears, that it looked like Batman was staring back at me from the other side of the fence.

So that night we learned that we could no longer leave Vixen alone in the backyard. And we wondered how many times she might have done that while we were at work. We did learn months later from a neighbor down the block that she had in fact seen Vixen roaming the streets some days. But the one time she tried to approach Vixen, Vixen just ran back home and climbed back over the fence again.

Perhaps an explanation for so many supposed crytip sightings. If one dog can do this, who knows how many others?

Perhaps an explanation for so many supposed crytip sightings. If one dog can do this, who knows how many others?

Good point Noble. And though Vixen was a German Shepard, she was also still a mutt. So her legs were extra lean and made her look a little less dog-like at times.

Last edited:
Well Hells Bells. I suppose Hank Aaron's love of golf balls has to take the cake for me. In the middle of the night those things sound like bowling balls rolling across the floor. I think he may be ready for the US Open pretty soon. :flagstick:

An old story but still relevant.
My little old girl Shadow T. Cat used to follow me everywhere. We moved into a new neighborhood. I'm going on walk and meet my new neighbors. I'm three-quarters of a mile from home. Young man comes up to me and says, "Hey Mr., Do you know that there's a little black cat following you ?" :)
There was another old Shadow T Cat story that deserves attention. I load up the truck with tools and paint and I'm headed out to work in the morning. 20 miles away I start to hear 'meow'. Shadow stowed away underneath the seat.:cool: I'm surprised she didn't go through my lunch box.:) Heck if I knew she was coming I would have made two.:p

Well Hells Bells. I suppose Hank Aaron's love of golf balls has to take the cake for me. In the middle of the night those things sound like bowling balls rolling across the floor. I think he may be ready for the US Open pretty soon. :flagstick:

An old story but still relevant.
My little old girl Shadow T. Cat used to follow me everywhere. We moved into a new neighborhood. I'm going on walk and meet my new neighbors. I'm three-quarters of a mile from home. Young man comes up to me and says, "Hey Mr., Do you know that there's a little black cat following you ?" :)
There was another old Shadow T Cat story that deserves attention. I load up the truck with tools and paint and I'm headed out to work in the morning. 20 miles away I start to hear 'meow'. Shadow stowed away underneath the seat.:cool: I'm surprised she didn't go through my lunch box.:) Heck if I knew she was coming I would have made two.:p
Shadow was a special baby

When I was about 20 I was staying at my grans for a while. The lady next door had a huge brindle Boxer. One day I found him roaming down the road so I stopped my car and he promptly jumped in. I had him in the back seat but he jumped right up front. He rode like he was familier with this process. So I drove him home, took him to the door to report I had her missing dog only to see her dog come to the door. OMG I had been riding around with a huge man eater I didn’t know in my front seat! He was a real lover and I would have gladly kept him however I did find his owner after a house to house search.

I once found one of my horses in an odd predicament... he had escaped his stall and was standing in the only open space in the middle of my hay storage area. This area is in the barn behind a 4 foot fence. The hay is stacked high. There was only a two bale open space for him to stand in. He was in it. I should have took a pic. But I was too busy frantically trying to rescue him. I had to take down the fence and move hay bales and wood pallets to get him out. He didn’t have a scratch !!