Your favorite...

1075300.jpg

Nut Rolls Recipe

I just used this photo to distract my SO from Hallmark Christmas shows - hehehehe

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
No love for Christmas pudding? My grandma's Christmas pudding was a highlight of the year, topping every other part of any Christmas dinner; a masterclass of seasonal excess which began in secret weeks before the event traveling closer wrapped in cloth, soaked in bizarre and probably fatal vats of brandy spices and goodness knows what else at various points all to a strict clock which existed in her mind until the time when it would finally be brought out.

I cannot emphasize enough how heavy it was! It was as though some lost alchemy had distorted space to cram more wonderfulness into the space. A few mouthfuls would leave you full but me unable to stop eating it! With many puddings the tradition of bringing it in aflame causes problems with much tipping more brandy over it and tutting, but the native alcohol content of this lord high god king of all puddings when wetted with even more booze resulted in a fearsome jet of blue flame that never went out until it had ruined all the photos!

I have no clue how to describe the taste. Just take the word 'rich' and imagine somebody refined it into something that threatened to collapse in on itself and create a richhole. And wonderful!

Served with cream and Grandma's homemade brandy butter (with special attention paid to getting the brandy part right for once) and the perfect way to reduce all to dozy unconsciousness prior to any family argument...

I like shop bought Christmas pudding, but it's just a reminder, a faded photograph, of the real thing...

Wonderful description Ben. That's how I feel about Jambalaya.:) I used Jamie Oliver's recipe as a starting point. He's also a Brit. Are you neighbors ? If so, tell him I said 'Hello'. And Mick Jagger & The Queen too.

No love for Christmas pudding? My grandma's Christmas pudding was a highlight of the year, topping every other part of any Christmas dinner; a masterclass of seasonal excess which began in secret weeks before the event traveling closer wrapped in cloth, soaked in bizarre and probably fatal vats of brandy spices and goodness knows what else at various points all to a strict clock which existed in her mind until the time when it would finally be brought out.

I cannot emphasize enough how heavy it was! It was as though some lost alchemy had distorted space to cram more wonderfulness into the space. A few mouthfuls would leave you full but me unable to stop eating it! With many puddings the tradition of bringing it in aflame causes problems with much tipping more brandy over it and tutting, but the native alcohol content of this lord high god king of all puddings when wetted with even more booze resulted in a fearsome jet of blue flame that never went out until it had ruined all the photos!

I have no clue how to describe the taste. Just take the word 'rich' and imagine somebody refined it into something that threatened to collapse in on itself and create a richhole. And wonderful!

Served with cream and Grandma's homemade brandy butter (with special attention paid to getting the brandy part right for once) and the perfect way to reduce all to dozy unconsciousness prior to any family argument...

I like shop bought Christmas pudding, but it's just a reminder, a faded photograph, of the real thing...

I have to say that unfortunately Benway, I only know the taste of the store bought American version.

Trader Joe's has it seasonally.

Holy Christers. I lived less than 2,000’ from a Traders in Southern California. The closest one to me in Florida has a parking lot the size of a postage stamp and zero street parking. You essentially can’t get into it. :(

Reactions: Seahunter