Your favorite...

Swedish rosettes with powdered sugar. It's a delicate fried cookie.
A hunk of Swedish rye hardtack and lots of Glug (Swedish eggnog ) and I think I'm a Viking . :cool:

Christie, a good nut roll is like striking oil and finding gold while your favorite team wins and you found a long lost twenty in your jacket pocket, while eating fried cheese curds. :)

Christie, a good nut roll is like striking oil and finding gold while your favorite team wins and you found a long lost twenty in your jacket pocket, while eating fried cheese curds. :)

I didn’t know what a rosette nor a nutroll was before I googled them. Now I want some of both. As for the nutrolls you guys commented on, that looks like a massive version of a baklava. Nothing more mouthwatering than butter, pastry, cinnamon, honey, and nuts.

I am switching my vote - skip the cookies - grab the nutroll instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Critter
I didn’t know what a tosette nor a nutroll was before I googled them. Now I want some of both. As for the nutrolls you guys commented on, that looks like a massive version of a baklava. Nothing more mouthwatering than butter, pastry, cinnamon, honey, and nuts.

I am switching my vote - skip the cookies - grab the nutroll instead.
Now I have to bake one. It wasn't on my list this year, but it's back on now...sigh. Paint did it again.

Now I have to bake one. It wasn't on my list this year, but it's back on now...sigh. Paint did it again.

You make your own nutroll Debi? Is it as food coma inducing as it looks?

For anyone in the mid-states, do you like those Kringle things - I apologize if I massacre the word - theyre like giant frosted pastries? One of my coworkers ordered several for our office in California. I was in food coma after those thangs.

You make your own nutroll Debi? Is it as food coma inducing as it looks?

For anyone in the mid-states, do you like those Kringle things - I apologize if I massacre the word - theyre like giant frosted pastries? One of my coworkers ordered several for our office in California. I was in food coma after those thangs.
I am a baker at heart. On my Croation side of the family, it was a ritual with my grandmother to bake for weeks before Xmas. Nut rolls were often baked to give as presents. And yes....coma inducing! I have to go dig up my recipe. It's been a few years since I've done one.

1075300.jpg

Nut Rolls Recipe

I am a baker at heart. On my Croation side of the family, it was a ritual with my grandmother to bake for weeks before Xmas. Nut rolls were often baked to give as presents. And yes....coma inducing! I have to go dig up my recipe. It's been a few years since I've done one.

Sincerely, I believe that homemade food is the most heartfelt gift that anyone can give. For anyone with monetary wealth, money as a gift to others in need can be a real game changer. But where financial stability is not an immediate risk, sharing our edible abundance and our edible specialties is one of the most caring actions we can offer and one of the most personal too.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi