Your favorite device

Hubs still has a flip phone and refuses to use "new fangled" stuff...which may be for the best. lol
I too have a flip phone. I don't know what people have against that design to be honest. It's properly Star Trek. Sadly I'm going to have to replace it with a smart phone though, due to it being crap in every other respect. Oh well.

I too have a flip phone. I don't know what people have against that design to be honest. It's properly Star Trek. Sadly I'm going to have to replace it with a smart phone though, due to it being crap in every other respect. Oh well.
I know my dad is “doing” Captain Kirk every time he whips open that flip phone.

7-iron is going back in the not good pile. It has lots of company.

I'm not a Luddite, but the promise of technology saving us labor hasn't rung true for me as the decades passed.
An example of this is answering machines. At first, it seemed nothing short of a miracle to know that a machine would capture your missed calls and allow you to screen calls, too. Fast forward; every darn time you call a doctor's office, your cable company, or customer service, it is now nothing short of a miracle if a live person answers your call. Even worse, the automated "answering machine" want to play guessing games with you. "For A. press one. For B, press two. If you're calling for blah blah blah, stand on your head. If you're calling for yada yada, roll over and sit up!"

More time gets wasted on these automated calls!

• Love it
Reactions: Benway and 7Critter
I miss my little red flip phone.

Reactions: Benway
I just replaced one of my flip phones a out six months ago. I was on the verge of crying. I wanted to call to the Enterprise for one last time before the phone number was transferred.

Average of nine hours per day on laptop for work. Then average of 3-1/2 hours per day on iPad.

I know because I have an app that spits out my weekly averages.

Reactions: Lynne