Your Experiences with Celebrities?

I didn't pay much attention when my seatmate sat down, but after getting situated she leaned over, extended her hand, and said wih a beautiful smile, "Hi, I'm Morgan Fairchild."
" Yes, yes . . . . I believe it was . . . . Morgan Fairchild . ."

Wasn't this a Saturday Night Live sketch. :) Just kidding. Cool meeting and good inside info, Duke.

I am enjoying these stories. I can't say as I have ever met any real celebs, but I hope that when I do, I am as cool and collected as you all.

Reactions: Debi
My worst experience was again in first class on a TWA a/c, this time flying out Dayton early one morning. Even before he sat down in the aisle seat one row up and across from me, I recognized Chuck Yeager. In response to the flight attendants greeting, he demandingly said only, "Get me a bourbon". Once we had reached cruising altitude, one of the coach class stews came forward and said, "General Yeager, there is a young man back in coach who would like to come up to meet you, and get an autograph. Would that be okay?" Without even looking at her, he growled, "Hell no, and get me another f*#@~^g drink". Seated directly behind Yeager, and across from me, was a very distinguished looking gent who spoke for most of us that morning when he said in a loud, clear voice, "What a dick". Yeager didn't react.

Honorable mention goes to a very drunk Greg "Pappy" Boyington who, while signing books in a tent at the Chino Airshow, lunged over the table in an attempt to rip the throat out of a guy. He had had the audacity to ask Boyington to sign a copy of a book written by a Japanese pilot who claimed to have shot him down in WWII.
These are good ones Duke. Can’t top these !

I met my personal hero Monty Roberts. He was the kid stunt double for Roddy Mcdowel in the movies, and probably many others. He was raised by an abusive father but he became one of the most successful horseman in the world. He is famous for his “join up” partnership technique in training horses. He has raised about 40 foster children. The story of his life is one of the best overcoming and successful life stories I’ve ever read. I met him after a demonstration at Michigan state. He was helping problem horses. He shook my hand, signed my poster and book. This man looks you in the eyes when meeting and “saw” everyone he met. Such a great guy. I had the poster professionally framed and it is one of my most prized possessions.

I met my personal hero Monty Roberts. He was the kid stunt double for Roddy Mcdowel in the movies, and probably many others. He was raised by an abusive father but he became one of the most successful horseman in the world. He is famous for his “join up” partnership technique in training horses. He has raised about 40 foster children. The story of his life is one of the best overcoming and successful life stories I’ve ever read. I met him after a demonstration at Michigan state. He was helping problem horses. He shook my hand, signed my poster and book. This man looks you in the eyes when meeting and “saw” everyone he met. Such a great guy. I had the poster professionally framed and it is one of my most prized possessions.
Here’s the man and the book if anyone wants to read a wonderful, true and inspiring story. 21C08F36-A4F3-428B-B5EF-9E85C54BC3C4.png 42B0F183-EC11-4585-9540-6C9A23289436.png

Reactions: Debi and 7Critter