Your Experiences with Celebrities?

I remember as a kid Mickey Stanely (Detroit Tigers) got saved as the Baptists call it at a church i went to with my family. I remember thinking he was a great person as an impressionable kid and a baseball fan I thought I could talk him into visiting my home and playing baseball with me in my backyard but he never did.

I remember as a kid Mickey Stanely (Detroit Tigers) got saved as the Baptists call it at a church i went to with my family. I remember thinking he was a great person as an impressionable kid and a baseball fan I thought I could talk him into visiting my home and playing baseball with me in my backyard but he never did.

Armand! Missed ya posts buddy. Either you’re working hard or our schedules are just skewed.

Reactions: Lynne
So many I can't remember them all and I won't drop names, not sober anyway. Almost everybody I worked with were just lovely people except for maybe two but I just won't talk about them. Household names for the most part but I actually didn't know who most of them were, just another session in the studio.

Early days I played whatever was required more recently I was doing a form of tech support. Some of the biggest names were just like your average person but had a talent, you would like them all. I met few actors although I have encountered one or two, a different but pleasant breed I'm sure Jad could tell much more about that.

In the late 80s/early 90s, I did a great deal of travel for work. Most of that travel was to LA, and most of it on TWA. In those days, if you travelled more than some obscene number of air miles, they presented you with a frequent flyer "Gold Card." This got you not only into their exclusive "Ambassador Club" airport lounges, but if a seat was available, would also get you an automatic first class upgrade. Between the Club and first class, I saw and met a number of celebrities.

My best experience was flying from St Louis to LAX, would have been 1988-89. I didn't pay much attention when my seatmate sat down, but after getting situated she leaned over, extended her hand, and said wih a beautiful smile, "Hi, I'm Morgan Fairchild." The next few hours were the most enjoyable I've ever spent on an airliner. No pretentiousness at all, very down to earth and extremely intelligent. I learned she was on her way home after having given testimony to a Congressional committee in DC. It was immediately clear we were near polar political opposites, but our conversation was one of the most stimulating I've ever had. She was a class act, very kind and thoughtful. Best part was getting a hug in response to me extending my hand as we were getting off the a/c.

One day I'm hitting in the batting cages. I hear a sound that you do not hear outside of a Major League ballpark. I'm not going to tell you his name because he went on to be MLB Rookie of the Year. And he owes me 25 cents.
So I'm in the batting cages , and right next door is a guy that could hit home runs like nobody's business. And I'm looking and I'm gawking. The sound when that ball came off of his bat sounded like thunder. If you ever saw somebody crush the air out of a baseball, that was it.:cool:
I'm just slack-jawed watching this guy hit. And his hitting exhibition distracted me. $0. 25 worth of baseballs and I never got to swing at one.
So I meet Mr. Baseball hero at some event. And you guessed it. "Dude, you owe me a quarter." And once in a blue moon, we see each other at a other thing, and keep the joke running.
Oh, and another one:
I'm kind of short, so when you need a guy to reach the top shelf of the magazine rack, get the center for the Chicago Bulls. Thanks Horace !
And I met Harry Caray too many times to count, back when he was cool and with the White Sox. And I met Bart Starr in an airport.
Jimmy Piersall was the White Sox announcer, with Harry. So my mom and my brother are walking down the street in Chicago. TreeMan is 10 years old. Mom's looking at Jimmy and Jimmy is looking at my Mom. Confused. My mom said " I'm thinking is this one of my husband's friends? " It turns out Jimmy is thinking, ''' is this one of my wife's friends?"
TreeMan pulls on Mom's skirt. "That's Jimmy Piersall.

One day I'm hitting in the batting cages. I hear a sound that you do not hear outside of a Major League ballpark. I'm not going to tell you his name because he went on to be MLB Rookie of the Year. And he owes me 25 cents.
So I'm in the batting cages , and right next door is a guy that could hit home runs like nobody's business. And I'm looking and I'm gawking. The sound when that ball came off of his bat sounded like thunder. If you ever saw somebody crush the air out of a baseball, that was it.:cool:
I'm just slack-jawed watching this guy hit. And his hitting exhibition distracted me. $0. 25 worth of baseballs and I never got to swing at one.
So I meet Mr. Baseball hero at some event. And you guessed it. "Dude, you owe me a quarter." And once in a blue moon, we see each other at a other thing, and keep the joke running.
Oh, and another one:
I'm kind of short, so when you need a guy to reach the top shelf of the magazine rack, get the center for the Chicago Bulls. Thanks Horace !
And I met Harry Caray too many times to count, back when he was cool and with the White Sox. And I met Bart Starr in an airport.
Jimmy Piersall was the White Sox announcer, with Harry. So my mom and my brother are walking down the street in Chicago. TreeMan is 10 years old. Mom's looking at Jimmy and Jimmy is looking at my Mom. Confused. My mom said " I'm thinking is this one of my husband's friends? " It turns out Jimmy is thinking, ''' is this one of my wife's friends?"
TreeMan pulls on Mom's skirt. "That's Jimmy Piersall.
I can picture this !

In the late 80s/early 90s, I did a great deal of travel for work. Most of that travel was to LA, and most of it on TWA. In those days, if you travelled more than some obscene number of air miles, they presented you with a frequent flyer "Gold Card." This got you not only into their exclusive "Ambassador Club" airport lounges, but if a seat was available, would also get you an automatic first class upgrade. Between the Club and first class, I saw and met a number of celebrities.

My best experience was flying from St Louis to LAX, would have been 1988-89. I didn't pay much attention when my seatmate sat down, but after getting situated she leaned over, extended her hand, and said wih a beautiful smile, "Hi, I'm Morgan Fairchild." The next few hours were the most enjoyable I've ever spent on an airliner. No pretentiousness at all, very down to earth and extremely intelligent. I learned she was on her way home after having given testimony to a Congressional committee in DC. It was immediately clear we were near polar political opposites, but our conversation was one of the most stimulating I've ever had. She was a class act, very kind and thoughtful. Best part was getting a hug in response to me extending my hand as we were getting off the a/c.
Wow Duke that had to be a shocker and such fun !

So many I can't remember them all and I won't drop names, not sober anyway. Almost everybody I worked with were just lovely people except for maybe two but I just won't talk about them. Household names for the most part but I actually didn't know who most of them were, just another session in the studio.

Early days I played whatever was required more recently I was doing a form of tech support. Some of the biggest names were just like your average person but had a talent, you would like them all. I met few actors although I have encountered one or two, a different but pleasant breed I'm sure Jad could tell much more about that.
Tony I’m gonna hold ya down and make ya name names.... we want the details :D

Reactions: TonyM
My worst experience was again in first class on a TWA a/c, this time flying out Dayton early one morning. Even before he sat down in the aisle seat one row up and across from me, I recognized Chuck Yeager. In response to the flight attendants greeting, he demandingly said only, "Get me a bourbon". Once we had reached cruising altitude, one of the coach class stews came forward and said, "General Yeager, there is a young man back in coach who would like to come up to meet you, and get an autograph. Would that be okay?" Without even looking at her, he growled, "Hell no, and get me another f*#@~^g drink". Seated directly behind Yeager, and across from me, was a very distinguished looking gent who spoke for most of us that morning when he said in a loud, clear voice, "What a dick". Yeager didn't react.

Honorable mention goes to a very drunk Greg "Pappy" Boyington who, while signing books in a tent at the Chino Airshow, lunged over the table in an attempt to rip the throat out of a guy. He had had the audacity to ask Boyington to sign a copy of a book written by a Japanese pilot who claimed to have shot him down in WWII.