Your childhood posse

I spent a lot of time on that road. It is dead straight, 7 miles long, and perfectly flat. It was an old tram track for hauling logs from the forest to the sawmills. A friend and I were Ghost Busters long before there was such a thing and did all of the local haunts.

When I was young the forests on each side were old-growth and huge. they leaned over the road so that it was like you were in a long tunnel. National Geographic even did a write up on it with pictures of the light. It was about 40 miles from my home and on late nights after we had dropped off our dates a friend and I would often go there and do research. I finally actually figured out part of what it was and had pretty good ideas about the rest of it.

Last edited:
110026921_2322209231267226_5973882985005925924_o.jpg

Yeah,we had 5 ,John the good looking brains of the group,Peter the big,dumb guy who always took the wrap,Paul the inventive one,Bronwyn,a really skinny girl who's dad was a cop and was tough as nails and me the peacekeeper and spiritual one.Also Skippy,John's kangaroo dog who would protect us from neighbouring tribes and vicious stray dogs.We got up to endless mischief and entertained ourselves on the streets of Sydney before the internet came along .We were all under 10, lol.
I love your description. This would make a good movie idea.

We had a few kids on the street. We mainly rode our bikes and built forts in the woods. We had a pool so there was always extra kids at my house. My mom was the mother to many extra kids lol.