Your childhood posse

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
109366818_3850729798322390_2963199942044050362_o.jpg

Who were they and what did you all do for fun?​

Yeah,we had 5 ,John the good looking brains of the group,Peter the big,dumb guy who always took the wrap,Paul the inventive one,Bronwyn,a really skinny girl who's dad was a cop and was tough as nails and me the peacekeeper and spiritual one.Also Skippy,John's kangaroo dog who would protect us from neighbouring tribes and vicious stray dogs.We got up to endless mischief and entertained ourselves on the streets of Sydney before the internet came along .We were all under 10, lol.

I had my sister, and two neighbor girls, Chris and Cindy, as the main pack. Then we had the boys who lived nearby...their own pack of 4. Our neighborhood was crawling with kids, so depending on the mood, the pack would grow as needed. Summertime was always spent outdoors. Mom rarely wanted us in! lol She'd throw us popsicles on hot days and was the mom who always offered the snacks, so my house was normally home base.

Summertime was always spent outdoors.
Same here,we were never home but never far away and mum would have to drag me home at dusk.Most kids now rarely venture away from their computers.I worry for their future health.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
We lived in one home until I was 9 years old, right next to Chris and Cindy. When my parents started talking about building a new home, yours truly had a meltdown of EPIC proportions. So big was this fit they actually bought a large one acre lot only two blocks away to build the new home. I was not about to lose my pack, and boy, did I let them know this.

There were seven of us guys, all within +/- a year of one another. We seldom, if ever, all did anything to gather. A couple of them (farm kids) didn't play baseball or football, three didn't fish or hunt, one guy didn't ride a bike. Two of us liked to ride our bikes a couple miles to a small local GA airport a few miles away to look at airplanes. We had a drag strip less than a mile from our house, but I never took an interest in the races.