You have Two Million dollars....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
OK! It happened! You won the lottery and have two million dollars! (Don't get excited...we're pretending here.) So, what are you going to do with it? Think carefully, now. What would you do with that money?

I would take a boat trip around the world, make sure my kids and grandkids were cared for, giving them what they really needed to make life less stressful, and donate the rest to a really good charity that cares for the suffering people in this world.

I would love to personally see other parts of this world before I die, but would never do it unless I was a millionaire. Yet my millionaire status would not last very long at all. I could never keep and hoard such money with the world being what it is, and always has been.

Of course those that do hoard wealth would see me as stupid. But the real stupidity lies with those that are driven by some force to hoard wealth that they could never spend on themselves in 10 lifetimes, as this world is filled with so much human suffering that comes from not having enough to eat, to not have medicine for bad health.

I took Christ at his word when he said it is easier for a camel to pass through the needle's eye than for a rich person to enter into Heaven.

Well, first of all I would render unto Caesar. If I didn't, Caesar would probably send an IRS SWAT team to my house to teach me a lesson.

After that, I'd pay off any debts that we have (thankfully, there isn't a lot of debt) and discuss with my wife what to do with the remainder. I'm sure some would go into savings, and some would go to our boys, and I'd like to use a decent amount for charitable donations. With the recent storms in Arkansas and around the rest of the southeast, I can think of lots of ways to use it.

Haven't answered my own question yet so thought I'd better get back here and do it! Tax man first. I'm with ya on that one, Surge. No SWAT teams at my door, thank you. Then I'd put some in savings, be sure my grandkids all have college accounts, my kids have some in their pocket, my three closest friends get $500 each, my animal charity gets a bit, and then I go to the "lands"...England, Scotland, and Ireland. Anything left is back into the savings account, cuz I've learned life will often give you surprises that require extra cash!

I already held a winning ticket in my hand , somewhere in the region of $380mil . Had been out getting supplies and stopped at a gas station to fill the tank , went inside to pay and two guys were buying tickets and jokingly said to me "you need to buy some tickets " , I paid for my gas and the assistant asked how many tickets I wanted I laughingly said "give me $10 worth". Elmo and I headed home , we had a roast chicken and the smell was making us both lick our lips in anticipation , after we demolished the chicken we went outside for a walk in the woods and something came over me , I stopped and felt my whole body vibrate , it was a good sensation and it took a minute or so for me to figure it out . I opened my wallet and took out the lottery ticket and immediately the sensation intensified to an extent that I thought I was having a heart attack , could not stand still and had to walk fast back and forth to try to alleviate the tension , I knew then that I had the winning ticket . I was not allowed to keep the winning ticket and possibly one day I will share with you why this happened !

That's gotta be some kind of story! I think I'd just cry if they told me I couldn't keep it!

1461718_10202858290471918_2291556730156168548_n.jpg

I would pay off the house, make a few upgrades/remodel and start a charity (probably an animal sanctuary or something to help the homeless) and the rest in the bank so that I could live off the interest the rest of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.