You found...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
You were putting away your fall jacket, and in the process found a lottery ticket you'd forgotten about. After scanning it at the local convenience store, you find you have won $500.
What are you going to do with the unexpected windfall?

Reactions: garnetsilver
That's a tough one, do I get what I need, what I want or be responsible.

Our current PC is acting up, likely has something to do with being 14 years old so I do need to build a new one, but that's going to cost more than $500 so I would still need to dip into savings, just not as much.

There's a pistol I've had my eye on which actually has a $499 price tag. But that would pretty much be a me only treat and I'd feel guilty about not spending the money for family use.

So I'd probably just deposit the funds into my investment and/or retirement account. That way nobody get to enjoy it until many years from know when we don't need it anymore. That's what I'm told adults do!

Shafts. Golf iron shafts. It gives me hope and something to look forward to.
I've never been so happy than when I was testing out club heads over the summer. Hit on the range and put it in play. And that is when all of those preconceived notions go out the window.
The build process is fun too. It's fun to get the specs down to 1/32 of an inch and down to a half a gram of weight. I feel like a junior scientist !
So a set of golf shafts can put me on a path a whole year worth of amusement. Right now I have a set of ridiculously expensive Japanese iron shafts ready to go. Paid $3.39 each - they were mismarked as to diameter. ( that's a big deal.) Those are $40 shafts ! And I have an extra 4 shafts for testing and evaluation.
So, a map with a plan & $500 I can keep myself entertained for a long time.