You did what?

How in the world did you do that? Busking en route?

I took a mandolin but didn't busk. I had just enough money to buy a return foot passenger ticket on the Dover to Calais ferry. I'll never forget that overnight trip in a car that picked me up in Calais travelling south overnight on a miles straight old Roman road lined with Poplar trees with a full setting Moon ahead of us all the way to the centre of Paris.

I didn't eat much on that trip and slept rough all the way there and back :)

LOL Oh man! You were wild child! How long did it take for mom to catch up with you?

I don’t recall for certain but I think my 16 year old Brother probably ran the bus down. We weren’t moving very fast at that moment.

I like to think it was the one time I almost escaped from the Munster family.

In the spring of 1987 I took part in the planning and execution of one of the largest food fights in history. Our college dorm floor did not like a particular other college dorm floor. D-Day was 0500 in the cafeteria.
It was a surprise attack, not unlike Washington Crossing the Delaware. Only 30 of our 40 troops were on hand for the attack. The rest were deserters.(pun :p). We all sat together on one side of a long table.
The signal to go was given by the cafeteria DJ. We had infiltrated & controlled communications. It was Greg Kihns "The Breakup Song.":cool:
On the mark 30 men launched goopy food at our foes. It was done with such discipline and precision that General Eisenhower was probably smiling down upon us.:) Expecting retaliation we did some old Roman Legions stuff. Our cafeteria trays became our shields.
We had won the day and hightailed it out before campus police got there.:cool:
images.jpeg

In the spring of 1987 I took part in the planning and execution of one of the largest food fights in history. Our college dorm floor did not like a particular other college dorm floor. D-Day was 0500 in the cafeteria.
It was a surprise attack, not unlike Washington Crossing the Delaware. Only 30 of our 40 troops were on hand for the attack. The rest were deserters.(pun :p). We all sat together on one side of a long table.
The signal to go was given by the cafeteria DJ. We had infiltrated & controlled communications. It was Greg Kihns "The Breakup Song.":cool:
On the mark 30 men launched goopy food at our foes. It was done with such discipline and precision that General Eisenhower was probably smiling down upon us.:) Expecting retaliation we did some old Roman Legions stuff. Our cafeteria trays became our shields.
We had won the day and hightailed it out before campus police got there.:cool:
View attachment 16631
I am laughing at this one so hard, Paint. I know enough about you I have no doubt this went down with military precision and with enough carnage left behind that it was a battle of epic proportions! :p